My kaulapuri shoes collection for Summer 2013

2:29 PM

Hi Beauties!

This Summer, Kaulapuri shoes, female khaeri sandals and khussas are very much in vogue. You see them everywhere, in every shoe shop and phatta stands. The new designs are very classy and traditional. They are so colofrul you just can't help yourself and buy them. Same happened to me. Although I am not much of a kaulapuri loving person but this season I got the fever as well and grabbed a few for myself. Read the post further to find out... 

Khaeri sandals in silver

Two of my colleagues have been rocking these khaeri sandals in the beginning of this summer season and their feet looked very pretty in the sandals which tempted me to buy it since the price was beyond economical and the shoes were stylish at the same time. So I purchased this pair in silver exactly like the one my colleague has been wearing and I do not regret my purchase at all. The sandals are very comfortable and look very pretty on my feet. They are priced at Rs. 450.

Khaeri sandals in silver

Khaeri sandals in silver

Next is the multi colored leaf kaulapuri in gold. I had my eyes set on this one for quite some time. This style was kind of new and was being sold at a bit higher price compared to the rest of the kaulapuris. Some salesman were asking for like Rs. 950 for this style. No doubt this looks very traditional when worn under a chooridaar (skinny pants) and looks very chic. I got this for Rs. 750. I guess its even cheaper now. 

Multi colored leaf kaulapuri in gold

Multi colored leaf kaulapuri in gold

Multi colored leaf kaulapuri in gold

This one is my absolute favorite. I purchased it right before ramzan and have been wearing it everyday non stop till today. I am in love with the design and color combination of this pair. I wear it where ever I go these days. You can call them my "on the go" shoes these days. They are super comfortable and look very stylish and match with almost anything you wear. Can you believe I have been wearing them under jeans and tops even! Just look at the condition of these shoes, their color has started fading but I guess I'll keep on wearing them till their last breath. I bought these for Rs. 425. 

Copper kaulapuri

Copper kaulapuri

Copper kaulapuri

Copper kaulapuri

I am not a khussa person at all. Nope! not at all. I have had some very bad childhood experiences with khussas. Every khussa I have worn ended up marking me with bite marks at the back of my feet which is why I stopped buying them altogether. Another reason is, I avoid wearing covered shoes in summers, I feel as if my feet can't breathe and they are choking. Absurd, right? I know! But this is how my feet feel in such shoes. However this khussa was kind of different. It had a different shape and style and looked pretty on my feet plus it was open from behind which meant it couldn't bite me so I bought it. Although it might not appear alluring to some but trust me it looks pretty when worn. The material of this khussa is matte velvet. This one is for Rs. 450 as well. 

Red khussa - with flash

Red khussa - without flash

Red khussa

Red khussa

Red khussa

I purchased all these shoes from Liberty market and not from any shop but from phattaas (stands/stalls). They are dirt cheap compared to other shoes and serve my purpose. One thing I would like to warn you all about is, the salesmen will tell you these are genuine leather kaulapuris but unfortunately that is not the case. Don't trust them on this. For genuine leather kaulapuris I only trust Khussa Mehal since they have genuine leather shoes. 

Hope you liked my shoes. Drop in your comments and share your views with me. Have you shopped for any kaulapuris this season? Stay healthy and beautiful. Take care!


You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. woww kolapuri is super amazing <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for the first one i looove all the chapals.Esp the leafy one.it has stolen my heart <3 Liberty stalls have some great barganins where kohlapuris are concerned.even anarkali can not beat the prices.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe