|Review|: Luscious Eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom

8:04 PM

Hi Beauties!

This is a post long due. I am amazed at myself, how can one person get so lazy and keep things pending for so long. I unfortunately have the ability to do so, not that I am proud of it. I also believe in, better late than never. So today, I present you my review on Luscious eye shadow palette in "Spring Bloom". 

Luscious eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom
This palette came as a surprise to me because when I saw this palette, it had not been announced yet or I had not heard any announcement. I saw these at Pot Pourri Store in Fortress Stadium. At first glance, I thought it to be a palette by Sleek because of the resemblance. Then I asked the salesman to take the palette out and to my surprise, it was by none other than Luscious Cosmetics. There are four variants to the eye shadow palettes:

1. Divine Natural (containing brown nudes)
2. Exotic Island (containing tropical and vibrant colors)
3. Glam Night (smokey and intense shades)
4. Spring Bloom (fresh and feminine shades)

I chose Spring Bloom since I had no palette with such combination of eye shadows. 

Luscious eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom
Packaging:

Say Aloha to the gorgeous spring summer design over the cardboard. The flowers, birds, butterflies truly represent the essence of spring which has been depicted perfectly over the palette packing. I love how this palette comes, firstly, wrapped in a transparent plastic box, then the colorful cardboard box, then a thin sheet of formic paper and finally the palette itself.

Luscious eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom
The palette is black with Luscious logo printed in white. The plastic seems sturdy to me but then again I would not dream of testing its sturdiness ever, who wants to drop their eye shadow palette, nope, not me!!! The black plastic is shiny and reflective and may leave finger prints all over. 

Luscious eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom - Front

Luscious eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom - Back
Color combo:

Lets talk about the array of eye shadows available in the palette. For me, this is an all in one palette. I mean, just look at the shades, you have bright vibrant colors like blue, green and lilac for day time while the browns are perfect for a smoldering smokey look at night time. Moreover, you have the highlighters to add an extra oomph to the look. What more can you ask for? 

Luscious eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom - Inner view

Luscious eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom - Inner view

Luscious eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom

Luscious eye shadow palette in Spring Bloom
Pigmentation:

Coming to the pigmentation of the palette, it has its goods and bads. Some of the colors are very pigmented while some are just okay. The good part is you can build up the color to get a good color pay off out of the average ones. I am pretty okay with the pigmentation of the below colors. They are pretty build able. 

Swatches
I am very satisfied with the pigmentation of the highlighters but not very taken with the greens below.

Swatches
I am completely smitten by these four shades. Look at their pigmentation and color pay off. Talk about quality smokey eyes, this is it!

Swatches
Here are a few more close ups of the swatches.

Swatches

Swatches

Swatches
My Experience:

To be honest I did not have very high hopes from this palette when it came to performance. If you are thinking why I bought it, then call it impulse buying on the grounds that it looked very tempting and was something new and for a make up addict its good enough a reason to buy something. These were my initials thoughts before using this palette. Here is what I think of it now!

In terms of lasting power I am very impressed. The browns last good for 5-6 hours without creasing on my eye lids. When I say the word 'creasing', I mean serious creasing which occurs using imported and branded eye shades even sometimes. The colorful shades last good for 4 hours then start to fade slowly but still they stay noticeable. 

I find the texture of this palette very smooth and easy to work with. It has shimmery glittery shades, satins and mattes as well. Mattes may not perform that well but satins and shimmery ones are really good to play with. The brush or sponge applicator easily picks off the color without vigorous rubbing. 

What I love is, it comes with a big mirror and a double ended sponge applicator. I prefer my makeup palettes to have a mirror and a proper tool for application. Since this palette has both, it qualifies as being portable and travel friendly. My final verdict regarding this palette is 'Its all in one. Go grab it'. Being a Pakistani I know its hard to trust a local brand but trust me as a beauty blogger, this palette is totally worth it. I certainly find it better than ELF eye shadows and its no less than MUA. 

Rating: 

             4.5/5

Grade:

           A+

Price: 

          Rs. 1150

Availability:

You can buy it from all super stores carrying Luscious kiosks, buy it online from Luscious website and Just4girls

Recommendation:

Totally Yes!

Hope you liked my review. Drop in your comments to share your feedback with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. Take care! XOXO


You Might Also Like

10 comments

  1. Intriguing enough!!! I am convinced to give it a go :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dont worry I am a lazy person aswell :D
    And this is so colorful totally love it and thanks to your review definately gonna try it <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the palette even though I am not an eyeshadow person...

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow..i love the palette..very pretty shades...

    my recent one :http://www.vanitynoapologies.com/2014/02/mua-britain-irelands-next-top-model-palette-review-swatches-look.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowww such a nice review ... i gt the natural one :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shades are lovely dear and great review..

    www.beautyfrontline.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely shades and they are very pigmented.....xoxoxo...:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I bought glam night fr my sis in law on her birthday:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. These eyeshadow is very pigmented.!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe