|Review|: Loreal Total Repair Shampoo and Conditioner

4:00 PM

Hi Beauties!

Sometimes I feel, there is too much of a beauty blogger in me. The curiosity of trying new products gets the better of me and lands me in trouble. I keep experimenting with my shampoos and conditioners as well and end up damaging my hair. This time I tried the much advertised and popular Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo and conditioner. How did they perform? Read my review to find out. 

Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo and conditioner
Loreal Total Repair 5 Shampoo:

I had heard a lot of good things about this shampoo, too many praises I would say. These praises tempted me to buy the shampoo. I usually give 4 to 5 tries to a shampoo to see the results which I feel is an ample enough time and attempts to judge the performance of any product. My problem is, I am an impulse buyer which means I buy products on a whim without any research and sometimes end up wasting my money on a completely useless product. 

Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo
Here is what Loreal says about its total repair shampoo:

Time and external aggressors can damage the hair surface and then attack its structure. Your hair loses keratin, an essential component of hair. It faces the 5 problems:

1. Hair fall
2. Dryness
3. Roughness
4. Dullness
5. Split ends

Loreal laboratories have developed total repair 5 repairing shampoo to fight these 5 problems. The Loreal laboratories have developed pro-keratin and ceramide-cement enriched formula that helps repair weak, limp, lifeless hair without weighing it down, fighting the 5 hair problems. 

1. Repairs: Enriched with pro-keratin, the conditioning formula reinforces hair fiber to give it strength to resist daily wear and tear. 

2. Transforms: Enriched with ceramide, a replica of hair's natural cement, the formula transforms the hair surface to smooth condition, leaving it soft to touch with a healthy shine. 

Results: Day after day, your hair is as if totally repaired:

1. Strong
2. Supple
3. Smooth
4. Shiny
5. Protected tips

Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo

Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo

Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo
The fragrance of the shampoo is really nice and soft which remains in the hair. Its a light sweet fragrance. The texture of the shampoo is slightly runny. Its somewhere n between actually, neither its too runny nor very thick.

My Experience: 

As much as I had high hopes with this shampoo, it felt flat on my expectations, It was fine for the first few uses but after initial 2 or 3 washes, I noticed serious hair fall and dandruff. Thank God I immediately stopped using it after the 4th wash knowing, the shampoo is surely the cause and switched to another shampoo. Not only did it give me hair fall and dandruff, it made my hair lifeless and dull as well. Its after all this that I googled reviews on this shampoo and noticed the mixed reviews from people. I can safely say that I wasted my money on this product since it did not suit me due to its harsh nature. Contrary to its claims, instead of repairing my hair, it worsened the situation for me. The only good part about this shampoo was the nice smell. 

Loreal Total Repair 5 shampoo
Loreal Total Repair 5 Conditioner:

The conditioner comes in an inverted bottle similar looking to the shampoo. The fragrance is also similar to the shampoo. The only visible difference between the shampoo and the conditioner is of consistency of both products. The conditioner has a very thick consistency. Like the shampoo the conditioner also fights the 5 signs of damaged hair:

1. Hair fall
2. Dryness
3. Roughness
4. Dullness
5. Split ends

Loreal Total Repair 5 conditioner 
Here is what Loreal claims about its total repair conditioner:

New formula enriched with powerful actives. 

1. From within: Lactyl 10 is known to penetrate up to 10 layers of hair. 
2. On the surface: Ceramide, a replica of hair's natural cement is known to help fill external cracks.

Results: Helps combat the 5 signs of damage and hair fall. 

1. Stronger
2. Nourished
3. Smooth
4. Shiny
5. Less split ends

Loreal Total Repair 5 conditioner

Loreal Total Repair 5 conditioner

Loreal Total Repair 5 conditioner
My Experience:

Compared to the shampoo, I had better experience with the conditioner. When the shampoo made my hair dry and lifeless, the conditioner made them smooth and frizz free. It helped in de-tangling my hair. I stopped using the shampoo after I figured its giving me dandruff and hair fall, however I continued using the conditioner till the end and had no problems with it. 

Rating:

             2.5/5

Grade:

            C

Price:

            Shampoo: Rs. 425
            Conditioner: Rs. 425/-

Availability:

Loreal shampoos are available at all drug store marts, shopping centers, cosmetic shops, super stores, departmental stores nationwide. 

Verdict:

Its a popular shampoo and conditioner, reason of popularity being its performance more than the advertisement. Chemical wise, its a harsh shampoo so may not suit everyone, like it did not suit me. 

Hope you liked my review. Drop in your comments to share your views with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe