|Review|: Loreal Detox and Brighten Pure Clay Mask

4:58 PM

Hi all!

Loreal, this year launched a new series of clay masks which come in 3 different variants; purify and mattify treatment mask, exfoliate and refining treatment mask, detox and brighten treatment mask. I bought the detox one. These masks are to be used in combination or alone, that is up to you. I have so far been using the detox and brighten mask alone and I have a lot to say about it. Read further to find out about my experience about the much hyped Loreal clay mask. 

Loreal detox and brighten clay mask
Packaging:

I absolutely love the packaging of these clay masks. They all come in a sturdy cardboard box with every possible detail mentioned. I really like the color of the box. The mask itself is in a solid, heavy glass jar with a light greenish plastic lid. The jar is thick and heavy and weighs more than the content which is why I wont call it travel friendly. I prefer carrying lighter products in my bag. 

Loreal detox and brighten clay mask
Loreal claims: 

The mask is formulated with a powerful blend of 3 clays; Kaolin, Montmorillonite and Moroccan Lava clay enhanced with charcoal to:

1. Draw out build up of impurities, dirt and pollution
2. Reduce dull skin and increase immunity
3. Even out skin tone
4. Refresh and allow skin to breathe

Loreal detox and brighten clay mask

Loreal detox and brighten clay mask

Loreal detox and brighten clay mask

Loreal detox and brighten clay mask

Loreal detox and brighten clay mask
Texture & Consistency:

The mask has a very smooth texture. Its like a very thick cream but with smooth finish. The consistency is thick which is why a little goes a long way and will last good for more than 10 applications. 

Loreal detox and brighten clay mask

Freshly applied

Loreal detox and brighten mask in action



Before
After wash

After wash

My Experience:

I have read a few reviews where people have compared this mask with Glam Glow's thirsty mud or youth mask. Well, I did not find the Loreal one any way near the Glam Glow masks. They are in a league of their own. I am not degrading Loreal masks, I am just stating how different both of them are and the comparison makes no sense to me. The closest dupe of detox and brighten mask in my opinion is the Queen Helene's Julep mint mask. I am not comparing ingredients here but the performance. 

Lets talk about Loreal mask first. The application of the mask is real easy and smooth and a little goes a long way. It spreads evenly on to the skin and I suggest a moderate application to the face. Neither it should be too thin nor too thick. It dries in time like 15 to 20 minutes and that is the time limit I keep it on my skin. As soon as it starts drying I can see it getting porous. The charcoal starts extracting the dirt and grime from the skin. The porous texture ensures me the mask is working. When my 20 minutes are up I wash my face with luke warm water and remove the mask by circular hand motions. The mask comes off easily. I do not feel any burning or tingling during the application or afterwards. Neither it leaves any redness. My skin feels clean and fresh after washing and I can feel it breathing freely. The mask hydrates the skin and does not leave it dry or patchy which makes me believe, this mask is something I shall be using in the Winters as well. The only shortfall I felt was the glow. The mask does not give any glow at all. I can slightly feel it immediately after wash but within half an hour the glow fades.  

Now coming to the point where Loreal claims 

1. Draw out build up of impurities, dirt and pollution  ......... Yes
2. Reduce dull skin and increase immunity ........... Yes to dull skin and not sure about increased immunity
3. Even out skin tone ......... Not sure
4. Refresh and allow skin to breathe  ..........  Definitely Yes

According to Loreal the perks of this mask are:

1. Glides on and rinses off easily .........   Yes
2. Does not dry out skin   .............   Yes
3. Suitable for all skin types  ............. I believe it is 

Why I call it a close dupe of Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask? That is because Loreal detox and brighten mask delivers results quite close to the afore mentioned. Mint Julep Mask also contains kaolin and glycols but has less active ingredients compared to the Loreal one. In terms of performance Loreal falls somewhere above Mint Julep. If you are looking for a cheaper substitute opt for Mint Julep (the results vary). 

Rating:

              4/5

Grade:

              A

Price: 

            $ 12.99 

Being sold from Rs. 1800 to Rs. 2500 by different Facebook stores in Lahore. I purchased it for Rs. 2200 exclusive of delivery charges

Availability:

Loreal clay masks are officially not available in Pakistan as yet but you can buy them online from various online store. I bought mine from Facebook store, Rouge

Verdict:

Loreal detox and brighten clay mask is a very affordable and effective solution for dull and tired skin like mine. Its a quick and time saving solution to perk up your skin and make it feel clean and hydrated. I absolutely recommend this mask to everyone since its suitable to all skin types. 

Have you tried any of the masks from Loreal's clay series? How has been your experience? Share your views with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!



You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Results are pretty obvious. I need to try any clay mask and this sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review!

    My mother has been looking to buy this face mask as well, but she's struggling to find a good online resource. I came across this website: http://just4girls.pk and wasn't too sure if it's 100% reliable. However, they have a HUGE selection of L'Oreal stuff: http://just4girls.pk/loreal-paris

    So, I was wondering whether or not you could tell me if they site is selling original products or not? Some help would be appreciated! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe