|Subscription|: Cosmetic Candy Beauty Box - April 2017

10:08 PM

Hello Beautiful!

Since we have already established how much I love subscription boxes, I am simply going to dive in to the review. Another Facebook Cosmetic store by the name of Cosmetic Candy started off their beauty subscription box and I had to have it. I read the reviews on how amazing their first one was and ordered the second one which came out in April.

Cosmetic Candy Beauty Box - April 17

Cosmetic Candy Beauty Box - April
Before I start with box review, let me tell you a bit about Cosmetic Candy Beauty Box. The name is based on the Business name and its a monthly beauty subscription service that sends its subscribers 6 to 10 beauty products every month. These products are a mixture of high end and drugstore brands and include both full sized and sample sized products with majority being full sized. These products include color cosmetics, skincare items, perfumes, and various other cosmetics. There are 3 variations to it based on price and products.

1. Cosmetic Candy Silver box
2. Cosmetic Candy Gold box
3. Cosmetic Candy Black box

The Silver Box is for Rs. 3000 and may contain 6 to 8 full sized or sample sized mostly drug store products. There are 100 Silver boxes available each month to order. Gold box is for Rs. 5000 and contains 6 to 8 full sized or sample sized high end and drug store products. There are 30 slots available for gold box each month. Finally the black box, contains mostly 6 to 10 high end product and each month only 10 slots are available for it. 

Thank you note
Packaging:

The boxes are made out of cardboard and quite light in weight but definitely not bad quality. Finishing is quite fine and does not give you a cheap tacky feeling. Each box is either silver, gold or black colored depending upon which one you ordered. Since I ordered the silver one, my box is silver. I like how nicely wrapped the items come in with multi colored party confetti and a thank you card. It gives a special feel like an effort has been put into the box and not just randomly done. 



Here is a list of items I received in my box:

1. Smashbox lip palette
2. Urban Decay Vice lipstick (deluxe)
3. Milani color statement nail lacquer
4. Jesse's Girl water proof liquid eye liner
5. Barry M dazzle dust

Smashbox lip palette, Urban Decay Vice lipstick (deluxe), Milani color statement nail lacquer, Jesse's Girl water proof liquid eye liner, Barry M dazzle dust

Smashbox lip palette

Smashbox lip palette

Urban Decay Vice lipstick

Urban Decay Vice lipstick

Milani Color statement nail lacquer

Barry M dazzle dust

Barry M dazzle dust

Jesse's Girl water proof liquid eye liner

Jesse's Girl water proof liquid eye liner
My Thoughts:

To begin with, I absolutely loved all the items in the box. Smashbox lip palette and UD lipstick was an eye popper. Like seriously? I wasn't expecting that! All the items are nice and of well known brands. Even though its a Silver box, yet I'd say it had fair share of high end brands like Smashbox and Urban decay even if they are deluxe sized. The UD lipstick can be used a number of times, I bet it can be used more than KKW's cream contour kits (pun intended). Barry M has to be my wishlist brand. I am so looking forward to someone introducing it in Pakistan. Its such an amazing brand for nail colors, I love the variety they have. I feel we are missing out on an amazing brand and getting a dazzle dust was a step towards my wish getting fulfilled. Though I am not a big fan of felt tip liners but hey no complaints, its worth trying. I noticed there wasn't any skin care item included in the box. I will opt for next month's box to see if any comes up in the second one. Maybe the service is limited to makeup items only. 

Now coming to the price break up of items; Jesse's Girl water proof liquid eye liner is priced at $ 6.99, Milani's color statement nail lacquer for $ 4. Barry M Dazzle dust is for £ 4.59. The Smashbox lip palette is actually from their limited edition Light It Up 3 palette set which retailed at $ 36. Since the set contained 3 palettes, I calculated the cost of each palette which amounts to $12. I couldn't come up with the price for Urban Decay's Vice lipstick so I'm leaving it out. The total of all these items is approximately $ 30 which excludes shipment, customs and any extra costs incurred. If I calculate it to PKR it amounts to being slightly higher than what I paid which was Rs. 3000. 

Where does it leave me? Am I a happy bunny receiving it? Yes, I most definitely am. The items were to my perfect liking and I totally recommend opting for this beauty subscription service. You can subscribe to this service by clicking on  this link

I hope you liked my review. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe