|Review|: Essence Eyebrow Designer in #02, Brown

9:17 PM

Hi Beautiful!

Well, wow is all I can say. This is a pretty old post I have dug out from my drafts folder on Blogger and I still wish to post it since the product is still available in the market and i have most of the review already jotted down.

I am a freak when it comes to eye brow products mainly due to my non existent brows and my inferiority complex associated with it. I tend to grab any eye brow product which appeals to me or a sales person is successful at throwing in my direction. I purchased this Essence eye brow designer under the same situation.

Essence eye brow designer in #02, brown
Packaging:

Essence eyebrow designer comes as a sleek pencil with a brush attached to the cap of the pencil. The pencil is sturdy with good quality product, easy to sharpen and carry around. It being sleek in size and having an attached brush makes it ideal for carrying in hand bag. 

Essence eye brow designer in #02, brown

Essence eye brow designer in #02, brown

Texture: 

Texture of the pencil is very smooth. It glides easily on to the brows and is build-able. It mattifies into a dry finish hence needs to be worked with quickly. Its smudge proof to a great extent. 


Swatch of Essence brow designer

Essence brow designer smudged

My Thoughts:

So I am a huge fan of Essence when it comes to their trend editions. Also, I believe, they come up with amazing blush ons and some really amazing, well performing products most of the times. However, I feel Essence really needs to up their game concerning eye products. I haven't been much impressed with their eye shadows since the start and also their eye brow products. Same is the case with this eyebrow designer. Firstly, the shade range is very limited. Its probably available in 3 to 4 shades; blond, brown, dark brown and black maybe. I bought it in brown since it was close to my eye brow color, black would have made them too dark and artificial. The color still doesn't go too well with my brows but there was a time when I was too taken with drug store brands.

The pencil is well pigmented and creamy. Its build-able and also long lasting. Its not entirely smudge proof but still it would resist water to a certain extent. The tiny brush that comes attached to the cap is a blessing indeed. It helps in setting the brows into shape and clears any smudges or pencil pile up. I would advise not to make any harsh lines as the pencil sets in to a matte finish quite quickly and blending the harsh lines may become a task and ruin the overall look of the brows.

Rating: 

              3.5/5

Price: 

            Rs. 280 or $2.5

Availability:

Essence eyebrow designer can be purchased from any store with an Essence kiosk or can be bought online from daraz.pk

Verdict: 

This pencil may work well if you already have thick brows with little touch ups needed or just to shape up your brows. However if you have sparse brows this product may not work so well. 

I hope you liked my review. Drop in your comments to share your views with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe