|Review|: Oriflame The One Illuskin Blush

11:17 PM

Hi Beauties!

As much as I love lipsticks and nail polishes, blushes also hold a special place in my heart. I believe no makeup look is complete without the use of a blush. It adds definition and color to the face and a properly applied blush can change your over all look. When Oriflame introduced The ONE illuskin blush range, I was more than ready to give them a try. Here is my review of Oriflame illuskin blush.

Oriflame the ONE illuskin blush
Packaging:

Illuskin blush comes in a compact cardboard box, following the theme of The ONE range which happens to be a deep purple blue shade. The ingredients are clearly mentioned on the cardboard along with expiration date and shade color. I personally liked Luminous peach color as I thought it would compliment my skin tone.

The blush itself is placed in a purple colored square plastic container which comes with a mirror but missing an applicator. I do not mind the applicator as majority of the times these applicator blushes turn out to be completely useless. The compact size allows it be be travel friendly. There is 4 grams net content of product neatly pressed in the form of stripes. Since its a duo blush, the blush sits at the left while the right side is occupied a complimenting highlighter.


Oriflame The One illuskin blush in Luminous peach

Texture:

The texture of the blush is very smooth. Its finely milled and build-able. However I am slightly disappointed by the highlighter. In my opinion, it isn't milled finely and feels gritty. Also, the highlighter doesn't blend too well due to its gritty texture and chunky glitter particles which makes it look tacky.



Oriflame the One illuskin blush in Luminous peach

Instant swatch

Swatches of blush and highlighter

Oriflame illuskin blush blended

Close up - right cheek

Close up - left cheek

Close up of left cheek

My Experience:

Let me start off by saying that all the colors in the ONE illuskin blush range are suitable for Asian and desi skin tones. This is the most promising factor of illuskin colors. Out of all the colors, I chose luminous peach as it would go the best with my beige light neutral skin tone. I happen to be NC 20 and peach colored blushes really pop out on my skin. Same is the case with this blush. Although the shade is well pigmented, the initial pay off is light but its easily build-able in a smooth manner and can be adjusted as per the requirement. Luminous peach tends to give a naturally flushed finished due to its smooth texture but its the highlighter that kind of puts me off. The highlighter contains golden chunky glitter which makes the blending difficult and gives off a gritty look on the face. Although the highlighter is very pigmented as well, I wish it had more of a smooth finish instead of being chunky.

Overall I find illuskin luminous peach a decent blush duo and have been using it for quite sometime. I do recommend giving it a shot.

Price:

Rs. 1299 or $ 12. Given the quantity and quality of the product, I'd say the blush is priced steeply. It shouldn't have been more than Rs. 800 in my opinion. 

Availability:

Oriflame products can be purchased from their official outlets in Lahore and Karachi or online through their members. 

Verdict:

Its a good 2 in 1 blush/highlighter duo and can be given a chance if you feel like splurging. 

Hope you liked my review. Drop in your comments to share your feedback with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe