|Subscription|: Boxycharm September 2017 unboxing

1:50 AM

Hello Ladies!

My current obsession is Boxycharm subscription. I happen to find it, the best value for money. It lets me try the best of the best brands and new products that too in full size. I have been trying to collect as many boxes as possible. Although I officially subscribed to Boxycharm in November 2017 but somehow I managed to get my hands on September and October boxes as well. Since the September box has been bought from a Facebook store who I haven't dealt with in the past, here is how my experience went. 

PUR soiree diaries eyeshadow palette, Briogeo dont depair repair deep conditioning mask, Colourpop lip satin in strip, Luxie eyeshadow brush in #239, MAC eyebrow crayon in Lingering, Studio Makeup mineral blush on
If you are a fan of Boxycharm then you would know that it comes in a small black cardboard box, duly packed and stuffed with proper support to avoid damages. However this one reached me in a torn DHL plastic bag joined with tapes. I feel sorry for the plastic bag since it had already lived its life but was still being over used. The package came as a shock since it looked hideous. The items were in even more shocking state. The lid of mineral blush on is scratched to good extent. It seems it has been lying around in a mess rubbing along other items where it received the surface scratches. One of the brushes is missing but I was pre-informed about the missing item. Further more, Colorpop logo from liquid lipstick is totally gone. Once you unwind the lid you see that it has been pumped several times and isn't new either. the lid is also dented. Its beyond my understanding how these items were being cared for given the condition they came in. The eye shadow palette also has damaged corners and I am actually amazed as to how it came intact given the sorry state of other items. Apart from the box the theme card is also missing which tells us theme of the month and price point of each product.  Anyhow lets move further to read details of the items.


1. Briogeo Don't despair repair deep conditioning mask

This is the first time for me that I am hearing of this brand. I read this brand and item tends to be a regular recurrence in Boxycharm. I have not started using it yet but I am hopeful that it may happen to be a good product. Since it also comes in a generous sized packaging I get to try it repeatedly to determine a conclusive review. Regular price of mask is $20. 

Briogeo don't despair! deep conditioning mask

2. MAC eyebrows crayon

Next up in the box is MAC eye brow crayon. It seems like an interesting product but I have not given it a go since I just received the box this month. I shall share my reviews once I give it a go. The MAC brow crayon is priced at $18.

MAC eyebrows crayon in lingering

3. Luxie precision shader brush in #239

It seems Luxie is a more than loyal partner to Boxycharm. Every box contains one or more items from Luxie. I doubt it was supposed to be Luxie this month, I am so annoyed at the unprofessional-ism of the seller that I am no longer sure that it was Luxie brushes in the box or Bodygraphy brushes. She was kind enough to tell me that one of the brushes is missing and was further generous to lower the price of the box by Rs. 200/- but Im still not sure about it being Luxie in September or Bodygraphy. 

Luxie precision shader brush in #239

4. Studio Makeup Luminous Mineral Blush ($35)

This is the first time Im trying something from Studio Makeup range and it happens to be their mineral blush on. I must say I am so impressed by this blush on. Its so finely milled and provides such smooth and blended application. Its a must have product if you are into powdery pink peach tones. 

Studio Makeup luminous mineral blush

5. PUR Soiree Diaries eyeshadow palette ($34)

I love Boxycharm for the reason that it sends full sized items, which means that I dont get tiny sized eye shadows to try - I get full palettes. In September they sent PUR Soiree Diaries which is a lovely 12 shades brown nudes and brown smoked palette. It has an amazing variety of browns with highlighting shades, transition shades, matte browns and finally some dark shimmer browns. If brown is your go to color for every eye look then this is a lovely addition to your stash.  



The sad part is how the palette came with turned and banged corners as if it has sustained lots of thrashing and mishandling. I am literally face palming myself right now and relieved that it didn't reach me broken. 



6. Colorpop ultra satin lips in Strip ($6)

Lastly comes the Colourpop ultra satin lip. I would have been okay with the condition of other items but its actually this liquid lipstick which made me lose it. Seriously, look at the condition of it. There is literally a dent on the lid. Furthermore look at the mouth, nobody can say its new. The mouth is always clean and devoid of any color when the items is new and unused. I told my reservations to the page admin and the response I received as that its brand new, just because she repeatedly took pictures of the item to show it to customers thats why it looks like that. How stupid do you think people are? I mean, taking the picture once should be enough. You can use the same picture over and over. The logo has completely disappeared from the tube as you can clearly see in the picture below. It really makes me wonder how these items were taken care of. Such a disappointment. 

Colourpop ultra satin lip in Strip

Logo has disappeared 


Coming to the price of the box I was charged Rs. 6050. However the total value of the box is $133 i.e. Rs. 16,000 (approx). This box is definitely value for money given the amazing quality of products. 

Image courtesy: https://hellosubscription.com/2017/09/boxycharm-september-2017-subscription-box-review/

Here is a screenshot of the conversation I had with the admin of the page. Below are the snippets of responses from Global Cosmetics





She has sent me the same 1 picture over and over but has been sending new pictures of Colourpop to people? Really? I wonder how she was taking the pictures which put a dent in the lid.I have been receiving Boxycharm for almost 5 months now and none of the times have I received products in such sorry state. Furthermore she said one small bush is missing which is why she is reducing the price of the box, Rs. 200. I hate that she lied. September box came with Bodygraphy brushes and not Luxie. I confirmed. 

She charged me Rs. 6050 for this month's box, a subscription box that came without a box in a torn plastic bag with dented and scratched and missing items. She is the only one who has charged me this high. Otherwise I am subscribed to Boxycharm for no more than Rs. 4300. For an extra charge of Rs. 1700 this is the shitty presentation I get. 

Verdict: 

I do not at all recommend shopping from Global Cosmetics as I highly doubt their business ethics, professionalism and the dubious way they are conducting their business. I hope I don't have to buy anything from them in future. 

Hope you liked my unboxing review. Drop in your comments to share your views with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe