|Subscription|: Dotte Parcel March 2018

6:08 PM

Hello Beautiful!

Dotte Parcel 
Have you ever heard about Period comfort boxes or period subscription boxes? If no, then let me enlighten you. We all know how hard our "those days" can be and life isn't peachy with that PMS monster haunting your being. This is where a period subscription box steps in. The purpose of these boxes is to pamper yourself during your special days. As much as the concept may sound a little foreign, its actually nice. "There is no therapy like a retail therapy", they don't say it for no reason. Shopping really makes me feel better million times and lifts my spirit. So investing in a period box for your special days works the same way.

I previously had this business idea in my head of launching a period subscription service in Pakistan and I extensively researched on it as well. So much that I had finalized the concept, themes and products even. But somehow it never materialized due to my own laziness. Maybe sometime in the future? Who knows. Anyway,when I heard about this new period subscription service, I knew I had to give it a go. Hence I ordered it right away for March. Here is my review on Pakistan's very own Period comfort box.


March dotte parcel 


March Dotte parcel items 
Dotte Parcel:

"A subscription box that insists that you care for yourself and yourself alone. Not just this week. All month long."

Dotte Parcel is the name of period subscription box and they started around January 2018. I found them in March and ordered my first box. The registration process is fairly simple. You are asked a bunch of questions so that the box can be curated as per your requirements. They have 3 categories of boxes.

1. Mini
2. Midi
3. Maxi

Mini is the most basic one. Its priced at Rs. 1500 and apart from pads/tampons it will contain 5 to 8 items

Midi is the middle one, priced at Rs. 2200. Aprat from pads or tampons it will contain around 7 to 10 items

Maxi is the luxurious box, priced at Rs. 4000. Apart from pads/tampons it will contain 9 to 12 items.

I like how their registration form is so detailed. They ask you about your preferences, like whether you want to opt for pads or tampons, brand (among-st a list of choices), type, quantity (extra amount will be charged for above 15 pads), color preferences, supplement information, skin type, de-stress methods, age and a lot more.

I opted for the Midi package and below are the items I received in my box:

Tony Moly Pureness 100 caviar mask sheet 

Tony Moly I'm real tea tree mask sheet 

Sweet Camomile tea from London Fruit & Herb Company

Elf waterproof eyeliner pen

Miniso lemon wipes 

Zoe & Blueberries cord wrap 



Spotfree miraculous anions pads in ultra thin (8 pads)

Miniso water bottle
There were two additional chocolates as well, Lindt minis which I ate right away. So these were the items I received in my Midi plan. Time for my review...

My Thoughts:

Oh boy, I can not even begin to describe the level of disappointment I felt with this dotte parcel. I am going to jot down everything wrong with this box. Lets start off with the most important and basic item of period sub service; the sanitary pads/ tampons/cups. Currently I have not seen the option of menstrual cup but I strongly suggest it to be added. We need to become more responsible and think about our carbon foot print on this planet. There are millions of pads disposed on a daily basis. Where do you think all that trash is going?

Moving on, when I ordered this box back in March, I do not recall having the option of selecting desireable quantity. I don't know, is this question even relevant? Any good period sub service sends you a minimum of 16 pads at least, assorted or the same. I mean what am I supposed to do with 8 pads? Use 1 each day and get myself cancer or UTI for not changing it. Dotte parcel fails for me at this very basic aspect.

Next I received 2 face masks by Tony Moly. Skin care regimen during this time is important. Pamper yourself. Put on that mask, close your eyes, relax and give yourself some time. I like the idea of getting skin care products and I am pleased upon receiving these masks.

Next there are 2 sachets of chamomile tea. Ok. But 2? Only 2? I want more snacks. 

Further, I received an Elf waterproof eyeliner in my box. Come on! Its a Midi box, you can come up with a better choice of brand or at least the product. Not a happy bunny here. Some of you maybe happy to receive it but personally Im like meh!!!

Then there is a travel sized pack of wet wipes from Mniso. I am okay with this item as well. Wet wipes, lemon fragrance, periods, cleanliness, all good.

Ok so next, apparently there is a hand made fabric styled Zoe & Blueberries handsfree wire wrap. Honestly it took me a while to figure out what it is. Initially I thought its some brand's logo chit. Then I opened it and tried to figure out what the three fold fabric could be. Finally I gave up and reverted to the description leaflet that came with the box, only to find out its a wire wrap. Very face palm moment for me. *Insert another meh here*. I still can't seem to figure out why this wrap, what is the theme here? Also the velcro on the wrap peeled off with 3 uses only, its that badly stitched onto the fabric. 

Lastly, the Miniso water bottle, which is also a nice touch. Nothing more important than keeping yourself hydrated during these days. I personally feel very thirsty during this time and my water intake increases. Miniso bottle is a good way to keep water/drink with you and the bottle is perfectly sized to fit into any medium to large sized hand bag.

Price point:

Since I opted for Midi box, I was charged Rs. 2200 for the box and Rs. 250 additional for option for Cash on delivery service, making my total, Rs. 2450. I was further given the option if I wanted to add heat pillow as well on an extra charge of Rs. 1000. I did not understand the availability of this option. Why was I being given this option in the first place? If its a Midi, then it should remain a Midi box. What would have I ended with by adding the heat pillow? Midi more but Maxi less?

Lets work out the break up of this Rs. 2200. Tony Moly masks range from Rs. 350 to Rs. 450. Since there are 2 of those, lets say the masks are for Rs. 800 on the average. Miniso wet wipes, Rs. 250. The price of Elf eyeliner on Elf.pk (Official retailers of Elf in Pakistan) is, Rs. 550. Spot free anion pads pack retails at Rs. 185 and finally the Miniso bottle retails at Rs. 249. The total at this point amounts to Rs. 2037. I am unable to come up with the price for chamomile tea sachets and the lindt chocolate bars so lets say all these are for Rs. 200 which makes the box worth Rs. 2237.

For any sub service the basic point is to get items worth more than what you are paying for. In my opinion Dotte parcel does not meet the criteria. It does not justify the price. Even I can get these items for the same price from retailers, what value am I getting by subscribing to this box?

Rating:

             2/5

Price:

          Rs. 2450 (COD) for Midi box

Verdict:

Sorry, I am not opting for this box again because the whole concept needs a rework and also the price does not justify the concept of subscription service. If I am paying Rs. 2450 for a period box and I still have to buy pads by paying extra money from my pocket then this box is a complete failure for me.

I hope you found my review honest and it somehow helped you in making a informed decision. Drop in your comments to share your views with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. about those miniso wipes, I got a pack of 7 for Rs 249 from Miniso.. so the individual packet costs lower.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe