|Review|: Masarrat Misbah Silk Pressed Powder

4:24 PM

Hello Beautiful!

Time to review Pakistan's very own, first, halal makeup brand - Masarrat Misbah. I have been using their cosmetics for over 2 years now and I must say, a lot of effort has been put in by Masarrat Misbah herself and her team to formulate a brand designed for Asian/desi skin tones. Her experience of over 35 years in the field shows in her cosmetics. The product I am reviewing today is their much raved Silk Pressed powder. So let's begin. 

Masarrat Misbah Silk Pressed Powder 
Packaging: 

Silk pressed powder comes in a matte black cardboard hollow cut packaging. The hollow cut allows seeing and touching plastic container of the product. The pan itself is placed in a matte black square-ish plastic container and comes with an attached mirror and an applicator sponge on the inside. I never find the applicator sponges good enough to be used for powder application so either I throw them right away or keep them for using on the go touch ups.  



I am missing good quality pictures sadly, as I thought I had shot the pictures before hand but now I can not seem to find them anywhere. You can see I have used the product fairly and its pretty much about to end. For a hoarder like me, hitting pan on a product is a great achievement because I end up with so many products that I hardly get to touch pan with any. But this picture is a clear message of how much I loved and used this product on a daily basis. 

Masarrat Misbah Makeup Silk Pressed powder in medium beige - orange light
Texture: 

The powder is finely milled and texture happens to be very smooth. Its easily blend-able and sets nicely onto the skin. However it is not transfer proof and easily transfers on to other surfaces. 

Masarrat Misbah Makeup Silk Pressed powder in medium beige - natural light
Swatch blended on hand
Claims:

This easy to use pressed powder evens out your complexion with just a swipe of a brush. Send your blemishes and blotchy skin under cover with our Silk Pressed Powder.

Without setting powder 

With setting powder 

Top 2 pictures: without powder; Bottom 2 pictures: with setting powder 

My Thoughts: 

The pictures above are quite evident, what this product does. I have foundation on my face and yet my face isn't matte. This is where Masarrat Misbah Silk pressed powder comes in to save the day. You can see how my face has mattified right after powder application. Moreover it has also changed the tone of my face color. Previously it was shiny and slightly dull, after powder application its matte and slightly brighter. The lasting power of this powder is 5 to 6 hours after which it requires a touch up. I have used MM powder in harsh Winters and Summers. The results have overall been very satisfying. In Summers it helps in keeping my face matte and controls oil. In Winters, it helps setting the foundation and giving a finishing touch to the foundation. 

There are 6 shades available in this range and are specially designed for Asian/desi skin tones. You won't find a hard time matching your skin tone. MM Makeup is available online via their website and also in certain stores nation wide. 

Rating: 

               4.5/5

Grade: 

               A

Price: 

             Rs. 1250

Availability: 

MM Makeup is available in leading stores and online through their website. They deliver nation wide. 

Verdict: 

MM Silk pressed foundation is worth the hype and your money. Its a very good quality powder and deserves a chance. 

I hope you liked my review. Drop in your comments to share your views with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe