Suave daily clarifying shampoo

12:33 PM

Hi Beauties!

So has it ever happened to you that your hair feel a little weighed down, extra greasy and give you tough time in combing? If that is the case then probably your hair need a good clarification and a clarifying shampoo is the best thing to do so.

What is a Clarifying Shampoo?

Many of us must be familiar with the name, clarifying shampoo but let me tell you what exactly it is. A clarifying shampoo is basically a deep cleanser for hair that removes product buildup. Styling products routinely used like hair sprays, gels, mousses, serums, styling creams, oils build up over time and cause the roots to block up and not be able to breathe. Also the hair strands get rough, greasy and lose their shine making them appear dead and tough to comb and manage. For people living in Pakistan the hot weather is another cause, as due to perspiration oil build ups in the hair and causes damage to the roots. Using a clarifying shampoo can remove all dirt,grime and build up making the hair lively, bouncy and easy to manage.

Main Ingredient

The main ingredient usually found in most of the clarifying shampoos is acetic acid which is usually synthetic vinegar. Vinegar or lemon juice is often used as a cleanser for hair. It cleanses the hair and brings out their natural shine and makes them smooth and bouncy. The acetic acid compound in the shampoo is relatively mild hence does not cause damage to the hair.

So I wanted to get myself a shampoo but could not find the one I use. I was searching the shelves in Roop SInghar Liberty Markets and my gaze fell upon this shampoo.




Its a daily clarifiying shampoo from Suave which means that it can be used on daily purposes but I dont recommend it using on daily basis.

How often to use a Clarifying Shampoo

Though every clarifying shampoo comes with its own set of recommendations like this one which says that it can be used daily but generally clarfiying shampoos are not recomended to be used on regualt basis. Clarifying shampoos are known to dry out the scalp so it is not advisable. However they can be used once a week or once in two or three weeks, bi monthly or monthly depending upon your use of styling products and grime in the hair.

How to use a Clarifying Shampoo

Clarifying shampoo can be used as any other regular shampoo. The most effective method to begin with is wet your hair, take a small coin sized amount and massage it well into the hair. The first time the shampoo may not lather well due to oil and grime in hair but its ok. massage into the scalp well and rinse with water. Now again take coin sized amount and massage into the hair, this time it may lather as some of the grime and product build up has been washed and the hair are cleaner than before. Massage into the hair and let it stay for a minute or two at max. Rinse your hair well and condition your hair. You may need to use more conditioner as clarifying shampoos tend to dry out the hair and scalp.  

For Colored Hair

If your hair are dyed still you can use clarifying shampoo but excess or regular usage can fade out the hair color. So my recommendation is to use it once a month if necessary.

My Experience

I have been using this product for a little while now and I use it bi monthly. So far I am liking the results of this shampoo. After using it my scalp feels clean and my head feels lighter as if a weight has been put off from my head. It does tend to dry my scalp and hair as I already have a dry skin so I make sure to use a conditioner or hair cream after rinsing off the shampoo. I havent noticed any side effects for my hair so far so I am going to rate it 4.7/5 and would recommend you people to try it out as well. I got this from Roop Singhar Liberty markets for just Rs. 210 and the content is 444ml enough to last for quite sometime. For the amount and quality the price is extremely reasonable.

This post has gotten way long than I intended it to be so I am gonna stop now and you girls let me know whether it was informative for you or not? Stay healthy and beautiful. Take care!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. wow.. but tht shampoo is not for my curly hair :p it makes them even more dry :( but i like suave shampoos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. but u need to use a moisturizer/conditioner after shampooing to mellow out the drying effect

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe