|Review|: Antonym organic Eye Shadow Quattro

10:01 PM

Hi Beauties!

A while back a new brand made appearance in stores like Al-Fatah and Enem. I was strolling in Enem store where I saw a huge wooden case that had eye shadow quads, eye liners, compacts and lots of makeup brushes show cased. The presentation itself looked very tempting. I tested a few products on my hand and decided there and then that I have to get something from this brand. At that time, I wasn't even aware of the brand and had never heard of it earlier. Now I am just glad that I opted to buy a few worth splurging products. My today's review is on the newly launched brand "Antonym"

Antonym organic eye shadow quad
About the Brand:

Antonym was founded in 2010. After several years of initial product development the makeup line was launched in 2013 at an industry event in Los Angeles. Since then, Antonym has had a wonderful reception. 

Antonym Cosmetics products are made with natural and/or organic ingredients and that they have not been tested on animals. Makeup is certified by Ecocert and the brushes are vegan. 

Antonym organic eye shadow quad
Here is what Antonym claims about Noisette:

"Intensity blends with luminosity in Antonym Eye Shadow Quattro.The long lasting, smooth formula is created with light accentuating pigments that enhance colors by providing added depth. The pigments are characterized by intensity, radiance and a silky texture, which ensure ultimate and supreme color performance. 

Rich in color, Antonym Quattro Eyeshadow has a velvety finish. Easy to apply, the versatile formula blends evenly and can be applied for shading, highlighting and lining the eye. Ideal for the most sensitive skin.

Noisette Quattro is ideal for any occasion with a harmonious arrangement of Pale Gold, Copper, Pearl Brown and Matte Brown."

Antonym organic eye shadow quad
Packaging:

The eye shadow comes in a black matte cardboard box which gives off a very classy and expensive vibe. Inside the cardboard box is the quad made out of bamboo. The bamboo case gives it an Eco friendly persona which is also true since the brand is vegan and eco-friendly. The bamboo packaging looks a bit tacky with not so subtle finishing and also the magnetic lock isn't very tight which makes me nervous to carry it around in my handbag. It opens with the slightest effort and can no wonder lay havoc in my handbag. 

This quad is a complete package. When I say complete package, I mean, it comes with 4 eye shadows, a mirror and also a dual ended makeup brush along with an instruction leaflet for easy application. 

Antonym organic eye shadow quad

Antonym organic eye shadow quad

Antonym organic eye shadow quad - Noisette

Antonym organic eye shadow quad
Shades:

Starting from the top left, the shades are names as: Pale Gold, Copper, P1 brown and M1 brown. The colors have very earthly hues and are excellent for a luminous nude smoked look. 

Antonym organic eye shadow quad - Noisette
Texture and Pigmentation:

When it comes to the texture, this eye shadow quad has the most smoothest and velvet like texture. The product is easily picked up by the brushes and it just glides onto the lids with zero hassle. 

Pigmentation wise the quad gets an A+. The colors are well pigmented and intense. In the swatches below you can see how pigmented each color is and they easily appear on desi skin tones. I have not used a primer, but if I do, the colors stand out even more. 

Antonym organic eye shadow quad - Noisette swatches

Antonym organic eye shadow quad - Noisette swatches
My Experience:

This is my go to palette these days. its lying atop my vanity for easy access and its something I see myself using on a regular basis because the colors are very wearable. I mostly apply these to work on an off an on basis. The best part about these eye shadows is, they do not crease. I do not know how Antonym made it happen but seriously, these eye shades do not crease even by the end of the day. I usually skip putting on an eye primer as my primary focus for using a primer is to avoid creasing which isn't the case with this quad. 

The eye shadows have a good lasting time but they start to fade a little after 4 to 5 hours. They still remain noticeable but not as shiny as freshly applied. 

I am not explicitly going to mention the pros and cons because I can not seem to think of any. Its a wonderful skin friendly solution in my opinion. 99.62% of total ingredients are from natural origins. 12% of the total ingredients are from organic farming. 

Grade:

               A+

Rating:

               5/5

Price:

             $ 39 / Rs. 3575/- 
Considering the dollar rate, the price in Pakistan is cheaper compared to the dollar price. Yes, I do agree the quad is priced rather steep but certain good products are expensive at times. 

Availability:

You can find Antonym cosmetics at Al-Fatah and Enem stores. You can also shop for them online from daraz.pk

To stay updated about the latest from Antonym cosmetics in Pakistan stay connected on their Facebook page

I hope you liked my review. Drop your feedback to share your views with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe