|Review|: Essence All About Nudes Eye shadow Palette

11:45 PM

Hi Beauties!

At the start of Winters, Essence Pakistan launched quite some products in their Winter 2015 range. Few of them being eye palettes. I haven't been much of a fan for Essence eye shadows as their quality and pigmentation was not up to my liking. Recently I got the opportunity to review one of their new palettes, "All about nudes". Its a revamped palette, originally it contained 6 shades but now it contains 8 nude shades with brown, peach and chocolate under tones. To know my take on the palette keep on reading my post. 

Essence All ABout Nudes eye shadow palette
Here is what Essence claims about its palette:

"8 trendy, matching nude colors that can be combined in every way, the soft and long lasting texture offers different effects, from matte to metallic"

Essence All ABout Nudes eye shadow palette
Packaging:

Essence all about nudes eye shadow palette comes in a light transparent plastic case. Although some people label the packaging as cheap, I kind of like the neat transparent pack where the colors can be spotted easily. However, with the passage of time and use, the plastic is prone to scratches which will give it a very ugly look.The palette is light weight and compact making it travel friendly. The palette does not come with any mirror or an application brush. The palette weighs 9.5 grams. 


Colors: 

Starting from the top left hand corner, its a highlighter, next two shades are in peach and brown tones while the last one on the top row is more like a metallic glittery dark brown. In the same manner, bottom left shade is a glittery highlighter, the nest two shades are natural brown and grey brown while the last one is a metallic glittery coffee shade. 


Texture and Pigmentation:

When Essence was introduced in Pakistan, I went crazy as I was before hand in love with the brand. I bought quite a few eye shadows over the time, but I wasn't impressed with any of them. They always had a chalky powdery finish and lacked in the pigmentation department. 

This re-vamped palette is an above and beyond step from the previous versions. Though I wasn't expecting anything out of this palette but it managed to woo me. The shades are creamy and smooth, easily applicable and very much blend able and also long lasting. What more can I expect from a drug store brand?

Top row swatches without primer

Bottom row swatches without primer

Top row swatches with primer

Bottom row swatches with primer
I am very impressed with the performance of All about nudes palette. The shades are very much wearable and suit desi skin tones. It contains matte shades as well as metallic so you can use it for day time look as well as for evening events. The colors are long lasting and do not crease. The highlighting colors are simply amazing, I love using them in the inner corner of my eyes to enhance my eyes. 



Okay, so I am not amazing at eye make up at all but I tried creating a nude and wearable look on my cousin. You can see, the colors are decently pigmented and very smooth in application and blend easily. Spot the highlighter at the inner corner of the eye? Isn't it beautiful? 

In my opinion this palette is a keeper. 

Rating:

                 4/5

Grade:

               A

Price:

             Rs. 730

Availability:

You can find this palette at all national stores where there is an Essence kiosk. Also online at Beautybar.pk and just4girls.pk. 

To stay updated on the latest by Essence Pakistan, stay connected with them on their Facebook page by clicking the link here




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. I love essence cosmetics for its good quality and affordability. This palette is absolutely gorgeous. Great review :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these earth tone colors they are so pretty <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely packaging textures pigments and shades.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe