|Review|: Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon (deluxe)

11:39 PM

Hi Beauties!

It took me really long to review this one but nothing new in that. I always end up procrastinating. As I always say, better late than never, so here is my review on one of my most favorite red lipsticks, more like my favorite semi-matte liquid lipstick. 

There has been a huge vibe surrounding Hourglass cosmetics after the launch of ambient palettes and highlighters. Everyone was going crazy after those and the poor me on the other hand had not tried a single product from this brand. Finally I got my hands on deluxe sized opaque liquid lipstick coz quite frankly I was not willing to spend money on a full sized product for trial purposes. So did it convince me to opt for a full size? Read my review to find out. 




Packaging:

Hourglass opaque rouge lipstick deluxe size comes in a tiny 2 inches lipstick vial. I quite like the shape of it. It isn't round, neither its square. Its really tiny which is why I have posted a picture of it along with a measuring tape because I mostly end up becoming a fool by looking at the product picture and imaging the  product to be decent size while its just a one or two timer usage product. So to get a better idea about the product size and quantity, I have the picture which will help you decide if you are willing to spend whatever bucks on it or not. 


I am not very impressed with the doe foot applicator that comes in this liquid lipstick. Its really flexible and does not pick up a lot of product. I have read quite a few reviews on it and many have complained about the applicator. I think Hourglass should work on a better applicator, maybe change its shape from doe to a heart. A good applicator is really critical for me for semi-matte/matte liquid lipsticks as I want a smooth even application with no streaky lines or product build up. Some liquid lipsticks tend to bleed out of lips like OCC lip tars.  

The applicator 

Here is what Hourglass says about its opaque lipsticks:

"A richly pigmented, silky smooth and velvety matte lip color that delivers extended wear without flaking or dryness."

Features:

  • Densely pigmented, silky smooth and light weight formula glides on without tackiness, and sets to a modern matte finish. 
  • Opaque coverage creates bold, vibrant and dramatic looking lips.
  • Contains a breathable film of intense pigment that instantly bonds to the lips and treats them with skin conditioning emollients, fruit extracts and vitamins. 
  • Cili fruit and Guji Berry extracts offer anti-oxidant protection.
  • Vitamins A, C and E nourish and protect lips throughout the day. 
  • Custom doe foot applicator allows for precision application.
  • Vegan


Deluxe size measurement in inches

Swatched on the hand

Lip swatches

My Experience:

What I absolutely love about Icon is its color. Its the perfect red which compliments fair as well as dusky skin tones. The swatches above are of my cousin's lips who is at least 2 tones darker than me. Its complimenting her skin tone really well and isn't like a tacky flashy red shade at all. Another good thing about this lip color is, its semi-matte which means its neither totally matte neither its moisturizing. It does tend to dry your lips a little bit which is just something that tags along a matte lip color but its to an extent that I can withstand it without officially declaring my lips dry and chapped with the lip color on (I hope I am making sense here). 

The product has a very decent lasting time. It lasts good up to 6 hours with minimal eating. However with regular eating and drinking, it tends to fade unevenly from the lips leaving the outline and edges intact which by the way is very unattractive. So there might be a need for touch up if you plan on wearing it for real long hours like at work after lunch. Other than that, I do not have any complains with this product and am tempted to buy the full size packaging because it really is a very flattering color especially in Winters. 

Grade:

             A

Rating:

               4.5

Price:

Deluxe size: $ 10
Full size: $ 28

Availability:

Unfortunately like many other brands, Hourglass cosmetics isn't officially available in Pakistan hence you have to get it online from Facebook stores or from their website. 

Recommendation:

Definitely. If you do not have this red shade in your stash, you are missing out on a very flattering sexy pout. 

Hope you liked my review. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe