|Book Review|: Fall Away # 1, Bully

3:20 PM

Hi Ladies!

I am back with another book review. Please do let me know how you feel about the new additions to my blog like the book and movie reviews, restaurants and spa reviews. I am looking forward to your feedback. So back to the book review: 

Image courtesy: www.hive.co.uk

Series: Fall away
Author: Penelope Douglas
No. of books so far: 5
Book order: Bully, Until you, Rival, Falling away, Aflame
Genre: New adult, Romance, High School, Drama
Synopsis: My name is Tate. He doesn't call me that, though. He would never refer to me so informally, if he referred to me at all. No, he'll barely even speak to me.
But he still won't leave me alone.

We were best friends once. Then he turned on me and made it his mission to ruin my life. I've been humiliated, shut out, and gossiped about all through high school. His pranks and rumors got more sadistic as time wore on, and I made myself sick trying to stay out of his way. I even went to France for a year, just to avoid him.

But I'm done hiding from him now, and there's no way in hell I'll allow him to ruin my senior year. He might not have changed, but I have. It's time to fight back. 

I'm not going to let him bully me anymore.

Thoughts: When I read the plot for Bully, I had a very clear idea what I was getting into. The typical story, girl is bullied by a guy and eventually they end up falling in love. 

Yes, the story goes quite the same way but with lots of drama and interesting events, that make the book a lot entertaining. The lead characters of the book are Tate and Jared, who happened to be childhood friends but things changed as they grew up. Let alone being friends, Jared is now Tate's bully in High School and has made her life a living hell. Icing on top, Jared and Tate also happen to be neighbors. I did not like how Tate has a strong personality otherwise but is completely mush when it comes to Jared and lets him and his friend bully her. I guess old feelings die hard. But eventually she grows a spine and starts responding to the bullying going Tit for Tat. 

As it usually happens in most romance books, the attraction never goes away and the sparks never die, same is the case with Tate and Jared. The charged sexual chemistry can be felt all along the book. The hot sensual scenes filled with the promise of primal and carnal activities are there in the book. Even being Tate's bully, Jared can't let go of the jealousy and possessiveness he feels for Tate. When the attraction becomes too much to bear things start getting out of hand for the better. Jared starts opening upto Tate. Will this lead to anything more than just a plain romance? Read it yourself to find out. 

Rating: 5/5

Have you read this book? Or do you plan on reading it? Share your views with me as I would love reading views of different minds. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe