|Review|: Oriflame The One 5 in 1 Wonder Lash Mascara

8:32 PM

Hi there!

Probably with the increasing number of mascaras in my stash, I am becoming more frequent in using them. I barely have a set of eye lashes and I try my best to avoid using mascaras fearing my barely there lashes might disappear too. Sometime back, I got the opportunity to try Oriflame's 5 in 1 wonder lash mascara and below is my take on it. 

Oriflame 5 in 1 wonder lash mascara

Packaging:

The mascara comes in quite a sturdy, solid plastic tube. I prefer thick mascara tubes as they provide better hold in hands. Oriflame's mascara tube is just that, a perfect fit for your hands, neither too sleek and neither too wide. The wand has very thin and sparse plastic bristles. The wand is slightly wider from one side with longer bristles to provide smoother and deep application. I did not like the mascara wand much. The bristles are too short to hold product, let alone build it up on your lashes. The wand is unique and different from the regular ones but let's see how it performs. 


Consistency:

The mascara has a slight liquid like consistency, It is NOT runny, neither it creates strands along the brush but its still a little thin in my opinion. More usage and exposure to air may help it gain a bit of thickness and solid consistency. 

Mascara wand

Lashes without mascara - side pose

Lashes with 2 coats of Oriflame 5 in 1 wonder lash mascara - Side pose

Lashes with no mascara on them

Left eye without mascara, Right eye with 2 coats of mascara

Left eye without mascara, Right eye with 2 coats of mascara
Performance:

Coming to the performance of mascara, I like how it works. The unique applicator allows you to apply mascara in a clean, smooth manner with next to zero clumping. Due to the wet/liquid-y consistency of the mascara, I barely felt any clumping at all. It does not smudge upon application, provides a natural nice length to the lashes and some volume too. The results you see above are after the application of 2 coats of mascara. I believe, a minimum of 2 coats is required to get any effect out of mascara. As you can see, it has provided visible length, volume and stiffness to the lashes. 

If I compare this mascara to the other ones I have used, I would place Oriflame as an everyday wear mascara, something you can put on for office use without going over board. However you are into voluminous, dramatic or clumped looks then this mascara won't cut it for you. I believe its actually du to the wand, which allows very controlled application of the product over lashes. I would classify it as a lengthening mascara but not a voluminous one. 

Verdict: 

I actually like the mascara, its a very usser friendly and affordable daily wear mascara. However cheaper alternatives are also available in the market. I leave the choice on your preference. 

Rating: 

                3.7/5

Grade:

             B

Price: 

             Rs. 829

If you are and Oriflame member, yo get further 20% discount on their products. 

Availability: 

You can buy Oriflame products from pk.oriflame.com website, through their re-sellers and also their outlet in Karachi and Lahore. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe