|Review|: Physician's Formula Sexy Booster Sexy Glow Bronzer

11:05 AM

There are some brands that tempt you to opt for them. Sometimes their names, their repute or simply their packaging or design is enough to attract you and buy them. Being an impulse buyer, I sometimes skip to check reviews of a particular product on the internet and just rush in to buying. This impulse leads me to be happy with my purchase or regret afterwards when the product fails to meet my expectations. I have dug out this old post from my drafts and would love to complete my review on it. I like the unique designs and packaging Physicians Formula comes up with. Their product range is also good along with packaging. Here is my review on their Sexy Booster, sexy glow bronzer. 

Physicians Formula Sexy Booster sexy glow bronzer 

Here is what Physicians Formula says about its product: 

Irresistibly sexy bronzer glow. Wear this perfect blend of bronze and gold like lingerie for your face for an instant sexy boost with an alluring glow. Infused with the scent of warm vanilla, "afterglow" illumination and pheromone-mimicking ingredients including clinically tested androstadienone, cocoa extract (aka "The love chemical") and ancient aphrodisiac Horny Goatweed to enhance your sexy side. 

Physicians Formula Sexy booster sexy glow bronzer - back side

Directions: 

Maybe worn alone or over makeup. Blend shades together and brush on evenly over face and neck for a sexy bronze glow. For best results on dry to very dry skin, apply moisturizer prior to using bronzer. 

List of ingredients 

Packaging: 

The only appealing thing to me about this product is the packaging. I mean look at it!!! Have you seen anything like it? Physicians Formula took sexy to a whole different level. The product comes in a glossy red cardboard box. The product packing itself is made of thick cardboard with flip open top and bottom. There is a red fabric all over the cardboard covered with black fishnet giving off a sexy vibe. Clear window on the top and bottom to view the product and brush. The hanging silver stiletto with a black bow is cherry on top. 




Here is a close up of the bronzer. The center is packed with gold color while the sides are of pressed beige gold bronzer.

Close up 

Texture: 

Pretty thing about this product is the sexy corset design in gold color. The multi color adds a touch of beauty to the product. Texture for the bronzer is smooth, finely milled. However the gold illuminator is quite hard and chunky. It doesn't pick up well on the brush. Look at the swatches below. I had to rub my finger with pressure multiple times to pick up the product and even then the color isn't very much visible. 

Pigmentation: 

Product pigmentation in my opinion is just average. The illuminator doesn't pick up on the brush and the bronzer only provides a mild sheen to the face. 

Swatches - Left: bronzer, Middle: gold illuminator and Right: blended

Applied to face 

My Thoughts: 

Fist of all, this is not a bronzer. Do not buy it with the intent of using it as a bronzer. Its an illuminator in my opinion. It does not contour. As much as this bronzer looks appealing, its only an eye candy. In terms of performance, its a dud. The color pay off and pigmentation is non existent. It may be visible on very fair, ivory sort of skin tones but its non existent on my desi skin. I have tried applying with a highlighter brush, a stippling brush and a dense domed brush but to no avail. The color barely shows up. I have to look in a magnifying mirror to see the effect. I am not sure if others can see that I have a bronzing highlighter on my face, I surely can not. As you may see in the picture above, it has provided a sheen over the cheeks but apart from that, it hasn't really done anything else. 

Also, its finely milled but its still glittery, not chunky glittery but glittery. The scent off course is amazing. Its mouth watering and sensuous undoubtedly. I absolutely love it on my face but its pointless since it doesn't show up. 

In my opinion, this bronzer is something pretty to keep in your stash to look at but if you want a performing product then this one is a total miss in my opinion. You may use it as something that provides a light sheen to the face but not as a highlighter to accentuate. 

Rating: 

2/5 

Grade: 

B

Price: 

$13.95 

Availability: 

Since Physician's Formula is not available in Pakistan, I purchased it from an online store by the name of The Brand Hub by ST 

I hope you liked my review. Drop in your comments to share your feedback with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe