|Review|: Loreal Hair Expertise EverPure Anti-Frizz Serum

10:49 AM

Hello Beautiful!

It brings me some relief to know that I am not the only one who has frizzy, dry hair that look like a bird's nest or match the image of wreckage after a C4 blast. Frizzy hair are a pain to me. It has become even worse since last year when I had a tremendous hair fall and now have baby hair growing. Bleaching proved to be cherry on top and now my hair look like a puffed up hen with ruffled feathers, all the time. I had been ignoring my hair problems for a long while now, I have finally decided to focus more on hair management. The first product I purchased was an anti-frizz serum by Loreal. Read my review to find out how effective this product is. 

Loreal Hair Expertise EverPure Anti-Frizz Serum

Packaging: 

Loreal Hair Expertise Ever Pure Anti-Frizz serum comes packed in a sealed plastic container. It opens up from the top. You pull of the lid and take out the bottle. The bottle contains 50 ml of product. The bottle cap has a twist lock system which makes the bottle leak proof and travel friendly. The dispenser is of good quality and dispenses the product smoothly with no misses. 

Loreal Hair Expertise EverPure Anti-Frizz Serum - back of the packaging
Claims: 

"Exclusively for color treated hair. Color-treated hair requires special care. The ever pure sulphate-free color care system* protects and conditions hair for long-lasting color purity. Ever Pure smooth frizz-free serum tames frizz, helps protect hair from humidity, and seals in moisture so hair is smooth and super shiny. 100% vegan - not tested on animals, no animal by-products." 

Loreal Hair Expertise EverPure Anti-Frizz Serum

Loreal Hair Expertise EverPure Anti-Frizz Serum

Loreal Hair Expertise EverPure Anti-Frizz Serum - dispenser

Texture: 

The serum is transparent in color with an oily silicone like smooth texture. It has a runny gel like consistency. It spreads smoothly and swiftly onto the hair and absorbs easily and does not leave any residue. 


Swatch of the product 

Before and after application result
My Experience:

I have been using this product for months now. I am writing this review after finishing the whole bottle. You can trust me with the faith that the product was thoroughly tried and tested before posting. I chose this product since its specially designed for colored hair. My hair are not only colored but also bleached. The foremost outcome of bleached hair is frizz and fluffiness. My hair are no different. The product is meant to protect the hair color, manage my fluffy hair and bring a luster to them while eliminating the frizz.

I take 2 pumps of the product and apply it along shoulder length of my hair. I skip on the scalp as the product may tend to make the scalp greasy and kill the volume at root. Since the product can be used both on dry and wet hair, my preferred method is wet hair application. I apply it after towel drying my hair and blow drying afterwards and brushing them at the end. The serum not only helps with detangling the hair but also smoothens them by bringing a soft bounce and shine to them. It helps in eliminating the frizz to a great extent and makes the hair more manageable and organized. I do admire the glossed look of my hair after using the product, however I feel that I need something more for my hair. It helps my stray hair giving them a much settled look but does little to eliminate the fluff. My bleached hair need something extra. As for the claim that it protect color treated hair, I did not feel any difference in this regard. Does not protect the color nor does anything extra to protect color treated hair.

In the picture above, you can clearly see the difference on my semi wet hair. Left one is before the application of serum but combed hair. The right picture is after serum application and combing. 

Pros:
  • Travel friendly 
  • Adds shine to hair 
  • Settles the hair by eliminating frizz
  • Leaves almost on residue
  • Sulphate free
  • Vegan
Cons: 
  • Can make the hair oily 
  • Does not settle fluff as it should 
  • Does nothing to protect color treated hair as claimed 
Grade: 

A

Rating: 

3.7/5

Price: 

I do not recall the exact price but it was somewhere between Rs. 650 to Rs. 1100. 

Availability: 

I purchased this from Al Fatah store, Hussain Chowk outlet in Lahore. The product is available online in Pakistan on several websites. You can google to check for availability. 

Verdict: 

Overall its a performing product and would work best for people who have a natural frizz or have colored hair but for people with bleached color treated hair and a fluff, it may not be the best product. But I recommend giving this product a go. 

Hope you liked the detailed review. Drop in your comments to share your feedback with me. Your feedback means the world to me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe