|Review|: Sigma Eye Shadow in Topaz

3:56 PM

Hi Beauties!

I have always been fascinated with Sigma products since the moment I began blogging. Back then, access to Sigma products was not as easy as it is now, thanks to the numerous online makeup stores and also my credit card for making it possible for me. I do not have a large Sigma collection other than a few brushes and recently some eye shadows. But whatever I have used so far, I appreciate the quality that comes with Sigma. Today's review is on Sigma's individual eye shadow by the name of "Topaz".

Sigma individual eye shadow in Topaz

Sigma individual eye shadow in Topaz
 Packaging:

Sigma individual eye shadows come in small plastic packaging with black base and a transparent click top. The brand logo is engraved on the transparent lid in holographic silver. The eye shadows weigh 2.5 gms only. Its travel friendly as I am sure it wont pop open in my bag and mess everything. 

Sigma individual eye shadow in Topaz
 Texture:

Texture wise I absolutely love this eye shadow. Its powdery yet velvet-y at the same time. The shadow is milled well and you wont find the eye shadow scattering around while swirling a brush over it, the fall out is minimum. Upon swatching with finger, it sticks well to the finger pad and looks very pigmented. 

Sigma individual eye shadow in Topaz
Pigmentation:

Pigmentation wise I am not very impressed with it. As much as it picks up the product on finger pad, it isn't that great in term of color pay off. The eye shadow is slightly sheer. What makes it noticeable is the glitter particles in it. The golden glitter particles make the eye shadow stand out giving it a nude brown pink shade with glimmers of gold. 

Sigma individual eye shadow in Topaz swatched


Even with the use of primer, I did not notice much of a difference in terms of color pay off.

Sigma individual eye shadow in Topaz - swatch with primer
My Experience:

I have a love hate relationship with this eye shadow. As much as I love it performance wise, I dislike it in terms of pigmentation. Its a great neutral color for everyday use, especially for teens and office going women. However its not a shade that would make your eyes stand out. In short, its not a shade for a desi skin tone because the color is barely noticeable. For fair complexion people its a great neutral shade. Topaz shade also comes in Sigma's Resort palette which is one gorgeous palette reminding me of Hawaiian beaches. It contains fresh bright colors along with neutrals. 

Talking about the performance of the eye shadow, I find it great. It lasts really long without creasing. I have observed it to last good 6 to 7 hours without creasing in the scorching Summers. Overall, I am pleased with the texture and lasting power of the product but its just that the color is not for desi skin tones. 

Rating:

                4/5

Grade:

              A

Price: 

            $11 or approx Rs. 1200 - 1300

Availability:

Sigma eye shadows can be purchased online from Sigma's website or can also be ordered from Facebook stores catering Sigma makeup. 

Hope you liked my review. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!


You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. It may be the best eye shadow in terms of lasting power and adhesion to skin but if the color is barely visible, it is no use to me. It will appear better on fair skin tones.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely review......xoxoxoxo...:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh it looks great i would love to see you do a little look for this =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous shade! Perfect for the crease :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the honest review :) I have a similar shade in Essence and I think these are best applied over eyeshadow pencils or matte shadows in similar shades -Sadaf

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd say this can make a good crease transition colour but yes you are right not for desi skin tones. - Fizzah

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous shade for everyday use. Nice review

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe