|Review|: Glam Girl Studio Artistry No Makeup Palette

4:23 PM

Hello Beautiful!

So many products to choose from, less number of performing products and even less number of products to which we have direct access. Nude makeup/zero makeup or no makeup gained popularity in Pakistan after the launch of No Makeup palette by Nabila. The palette came with a hefty price tag, something not everyone could easily afford. This is where GlamGirl by Mahwish Saqib stepped in to fill this gap with their Glam Girl Studio Artistry No Makeup Palette. Here is my take on the palette:

Glam Girl Studio Artistry No Makeup Palette
Packaging: 

The palette comes in a square black flimsy card packaging. The palette itself is round in shape, made of cheap plastic with 4 compartments. Lid is also made of transparent cheap plastic. Packaging is not an impressive feature of this palette but it justifies the price point. The price has been kept very nominal forgoing the packaging part, which is fine by me. The palette does not mention product weight or quantity anywhere. I am not sure yet how deep the product is set in the pan but I'll surely share a picture once I hit pan on the palette. 

Glam Girl studio artistry no makeup palette packaging

Glam girl studio artistry no makeup palette

Glam Girl studio artistry no makeup palette- bottom 

Glam Girl studio artistry no makeup palette - without the lid 
Here is what Glam Girl says about its palette:

This Single Wheel Covers All Steps of your Makeup.
Face Base in a shade which suits almost all the skin tones.
Neutralizer: Which can be use as concealer, and you can make your base shade by mix and match with face base.
Pretty Highlighter: A beautiful, pigmented, vivid shade of Highlighter, which will enhance your cheeks and eye bone.
Tint: Pretty yet natural tint, soft pink shade which can give you Perfect natural rosey cheeks and lips!



Swatches of Glam Girl studio artistry no makeup palette
Top to bottom and left to right: Lip/cheek tint, face base, neutralizer and lastly highlighter.


My Experience:


When this palette was launched I was totally looking forward to getting it right away. I bought it in Summers I suppose. When I swatched the palette it formed a black layer on top upon swatching. I did not understand what happened. Was it the lead content or something else? I inboxed Glam Girl on their insta page and was told to wipe it with a tissue and it will be good to go. I wasn't explained what exactly happened which made me skeptical and the palette ended up lying in my stash. This Winters I decided to give it a go and its by far the best decision I made. This palette is amazing and I am not kidding. I have been using this palette alone for whole season as daily office wear makeup and I am very satisfied with the results.

I swipe the neutralizer and face base and swatch it on my face. Two swipes on the left cheek, two on the right, one on my forehead and nose and two more on the neck. I blend it all with my Sigma kabuki F84 brush for a flawless smooth finish. The base takes a few minutes to blend in and settle onto the skin but once it does, its matchless. It settles in well and gives a very natural finish to my face, just like a clean, natural canvas. I set the base with a setting powder. These days I am using Palladio rice powder in translucent to set my base. Then, I apply the tint on my cheeks and lips with my fingers for a natural flush. Here is the finished look:

I love the natural finish . Although the concept of no makeup is that you only touch up the areas of imperfections like blemishes or dark spots, but I love using the base all over my face to provide a smooth, equal finish. The palette in my opinion works best in Winters as its cream based. I tend to start feeling greasy after 4 to 5 hours especially my T zone even after using a setting powder in Winters despite having a dry skin. I don't think it will fare well in Summers for people having oily or combination skin texture. The palette is odourless so it is suitable for people who are sensitive to smell. One shortfall I believe is the non exclusivity. Although the palette claims to cover all skin tones but I highly doubt it will suit darker skin tones or people having olive undertones. Overall its a great, well performing palette with an affordable price tag in my opinion. 

Grade: 


4.5/5

Rating: 


A

Price: 


Rs. 650 plus Rs. 200 delivery charges 

Availability: 


Its available online at Glam Girls Cosmetics 

Vedrict: 

Its an amazing affordable option to expensive no makeup palette, travel firendly, easy to use daily wear makeup. I 100% recommend giving it a try. 

Hope you liked the review. Drop in your comments to share your experience with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!   



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Thank you for the review. Which shade did you get?
    The lead part scared me though!!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe