|Book Review|: Fall Away # 2, Until You

8:03 PM

Hi Ladies!

If you read my review on Bully, the first book in the series, then you will surely be interested in knowing what the other parts of the series hold. The second book in the series is "Until You" which is written from Jared'd point of view.




Series: Fall Away
Author: Penelope Douglas
No. of Books so far: 5
Book order: Bully, Until You, Rival, Falling Away, Aflame
Genre: Adult, Drama, High School, Romance
Synopsis: Have you ever been so angry that hitting things felt good? Or so numb that you actually felt high? The past few years have been like that for me. Traveling between fury and indifference with no stops in between.

Some people hate me for it, while others are scared of me. But none of them can hurt me, because I don't care about anything or anyone.

Except Tatum.

I love her so much that I hate her. We used to be friends, but I found out that I couldn't trust her or anyone else.

So I hurt her. I pushed her away.

But I still need her. The sight of her centers me, and I can pool all of my anger into her. Engaging her, challenging her, bullying her...they are my food, my air, and the last part of me that feels anything human.

But she left. She went to France for a year, and came back a different girl.

Now, when I push, she pushes back.

Thoughts: 

Until You is quite a bit of a rehash of :Bully" but from Jared's perspective. I can not say that its entirely the same because it isn't. There is a lot to take in from Jared's POV and a lot of things which were not mentioned in Bully. So while reading, you won't feel that, Oh man! I have read the same thing before as well. 

Until You deeply explores Jared's mind and tells us why he became a bully. It did not win Jared any points with me and I still do not stand with or agree with all the bullying Jared did. But it did provide me a perspective as to why Jared did, what he did. I personally like reading books from a male's perspective as it gives me a peep into the workings of a male brain with the same situation faced by a female. Penelope did a great job in my opinion by writing it in such a way that it kept me hooked till the end. No where I felt that its a repetition of Bully. The wordings were entirely fresh though the baseline story was the same and yet I did not feel it. 

Until You went deep into Jared's life and explained how abuse at the hands of his father changed his thoughts and perspective towards life and people and how it shaped his personality. Furthermore this book explored Jared's relationships with his Mom, Madoc, Jax and Tate's dad. Jared is angry and wants to lash out with what he suffered and Tate being his best friend became an easy target. As much of a Bully as he became he still could not let go of the soft feelings he had for Tate which angered him even more. 

If you have read Bully and liked Jared and Tate's story, then you are absolutely going to love Until You as well.. The best quote in the book for me was:

"Yesterday lasts forever. Tomorrow comes never. Until You"

Lets just end with saying that this quote has a great significance for me in my life and I can very well relate to it. If you have read this book then share your views with me. I would love to know what you think of it. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe