|Review|: Nyx Professional Makeup Matte Finish Makeup Setting Spray

12:03 PM

Hello Beautiful!

How is the Summer weather treating you? Temperatures in Lahore have soared to as high as 47°C. How is your makeup faring in this scorching weather? I have been using Nyx Professional Makeup's Matte finish makeup setting spray to keep my makeup matte and in place. Here is my take on this product. 

Nyx Professional Makeup matte finish makeup setting spray
Packaging:

The matte setting spray comes in a black plastic bottle with a spritzer topped by a transparent plastic cap. Content quantity is 60 ml. The bottle is perfectly sized in my opinion, its travel friendly, can easily fit into a bag/purse. It comes in 2 sizes - 60 ml and 18 ml. 60 ml is convenient for daily use lying on your vanity while 18 ml would be ideal for placing in a bad or purse. Plus I have only seen 60 ml available in our part of the world. 

Nyx Professional Makeup matte finish makeup setting spray 
Claim: 

Here is what Nyx claims about its matte setting spray:

"A lightweight, water based setting spray that keeps your makeup looking matte and amazing through every kind of weather." 

"Demand perfection! For that fresh makeup look that lasts, the Makeup Setting Spray - Matte is a gorgeous shine-free matte finish that is light weigh and comfortable while working hard to make sure your makeup stays put" 

Nyx Professional Makeup matte finish makeup setting spray 
Ingredients list: 

Water / Aqua / Eau, Alcohol, VP/VA Copolymer, Propylene Glycol, Disodium EDTA, Niacinamide, Sodium Salicylate, Plantago Lanceolata Leaf Extract, Mahonia Aquifolium Flower/Leaf/Stem Extract, Phenoxyethanol.

Spritzer top 

My Experience: 

I have had my fair share of setting sprays but its just now that I have incorporated them into my daily makeup routine. I usually used them on special events only to make sure my makeup stays put. Especially at the weddings when you are subjected to strong light of the video camera. I remember ending up with raccoon eyes without my knowledge after sitting at the stage for a short while. It was after an hour someone pointed it out to me that my mascara had bled and I have black blotches all around my eyes. I can never undo this image of me from my mind, so to avoid adding more jokes in my life, I make sure to use a setting spray at the end. 

The harsh weather of Lahore these days does not let the makeup stay put for long hours. One can only survive it by spending whole day long in air conditioning. Apart from this, if one has oily skin, the oil will tend to break out over the skin, no matter what. To counter these 2 situations, I started using Nyx matte finish makeup setting spray. On a daily basis, I use it by spraying at the end of makeup application and going on with my day. However on special occasions, I make an extra effort and use the spray in below sequence. 

Moisturizer -------> Primer --------> Setting spray --------> Foundation ---------> Setting Powder --------> Setting spray again 

Another way I use the setting spray is, spraying it on my eye shadow brush to make the colors last long and bright. Spraying the brush ensure that the pigment, shimmer or foil colors stay put on the eyes and also it enhances the color. To date I have not witnessed my shadow moving a bit when fixed with Nyx spray.



As seen from the mage above, the setting spray does help with my makeup lasting longer and staying put. I have only sprayed it all over my face, my eye shadow application is not done with the spray. Given our weather, its a good product addition to the makeup routine. There are two shortfalls I have observed with the product. One, the spritzer tends to spray droplets at times instead of a fine stable mist. Secondly, the product does little to act as oil control. My face does tend to get oily and I have observed less difference on this point. Apart from these two shortfalls, the product does a pretty decent job in terms of performance. 

Pros: 
  • Good alternative to expensive setting sprays
  • Affordable
  • Travel friendly 
  • Vegan 
  • Lasts long
Cons: 
  • Spritzer quality
  • Does not control oil 
Grade: 


              B+

Rating:


              3.7/5

Price: 


            $8.50 
In Pakistan, its available at different prices. I got it for Rs. 1400 from Just4girls.pk. 

Availability: 


Nyx products are available online at Just4girls.pk, Beautybar.pk and many other websites locally. You can also purchase Nyx products from Facebook stores online.  

Hope you liked the detailed review. Drop in your comments to share your feedback with me. It makes my day to see people reading my posts and acknowledging my hard work. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe