|Review|: BioNike Proxera Psomed 40 Intensive Exfoliating Gel

6:38 PM

Its just sad at times to witness and experience good products not getting due hype. I got a chance to try my hands on BioNike products last year. I'll say it was my go to brand during my pregnancy. Its noteworthy mentioning here that BioNike is not a cosmetology brand rather dermatology brand. All their products cater to derma conditions and recommended by dermatologists. Since my regular readers know I suffer from seborrheic dermatitis, which is a from of eczema, I used BioNike's proxera psomed range. Below is my detailed experience about the product. 

BioNike, proxera psomed 40, seborrheic dermatitis
BioNike proxera psomed 40 intensive exfoliating gel
About the Company: 

BioNike is the brand of ICIM International, an Italian pharmaceutical company founded in Milan in the 1930s, today the No. 1 in Italy of dermocosmetics in pharmacies and parapharmacies..

Since 2017 BioNike has been part of Sodalis Group, an Italian group leader in the Health, Beauty & Personal Care market.

BioNike is a word that originates from two Greek words:
Bios = life e Nike = victory.

BioNike proxera psomed 40 exfoliating gel
BioNike Proxera psomed 40 

About the product: 

Topical medical device gel for the treatment of the dermatological symptoms of psoriasis, such as skin plaques and severe xerosis. Features urea at a high concentration (40%), in an approximately stabilized form that is delivered to skin through a carrier system, which works as a skin-exfoliating agent that also provides an important moisturizing and emollient effect. Repeated application on skin facilitates the rapid removal of hyperkeratotic plaques typically seen in psoriasis and relieves itch and inflammation that occurs with such plaques, thereby restoring physiological keratinization process. 

back of bionike proxera psomed 40 Bio Nike
BioNike proxera psomed 40 exfoliating gel

review bionike proxera psomed 40
BioNike proxera psomed 40 

Bionike proxera 40 exfoliating gel
BioNike proxera psomed 40 exfoliating gel - back side

Review bionike
BioNike proxera psomed 40 intensive exfoliating gel applicator 

My Thoughts: 

Although the product is meant to be used for skin, I used it on my scalp since my eczema is on the scalp. Whenever my scalp itch becomes unbearable, I used this gel as a temporary relief for a week or so. As I mentioned in my other posts, eczema can not be treated it can only be managed so I have to use products on and off which keep my seborrheic dermatitis in check. The product is meant for skin keratosis and urea acts as an exfoliant. The product is very easy to use due to its beak like applicator. One can easily target the product at required area. Its fragrance free, parabens free, nickel tested and very safe to use. Its sad that a lot of effective, professional products don't get reviewed and people end up experimenting with over the counter cosmeceutical products which only act as temporary fix. I am reviewing this product for people who have serious skin issues and looking for solutions that help them in the longer run. 

Too bad this product is officially no longer available in Pakistan. When this brand was to be launched, COVID hit the world and launch was postponed only to never happen. The brand did not get the required exposure and had to be shot down. 

Rating: 

4/5 

Grade: 

A-

Price: 

Rs. 3250 

Availability: 

Online pharmaceutical platforms - till stock lasts 

Verdict: 

This is a great product for people with skin conditions and is an effective treatment. The price is on the higher side and the brand is no longer officially available in Pakistan for purchase.  




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe