A Week of Transitions: New Workplace, Village Trip and Exhibition Adventures

4:41 PM

Just wanted to give you a quick update on what's been happening these past two weeks. I'm excited to catch you up on all the latest happenings in my life. Buckle up, because there's quite a bit to unpack!

I mentioned in my previous update post that I shall be starting a new job, which I have. This is the biggest happening during this time. I am happy to start off this new chapter in my career journey. From the culture to the environment, everything feels just right. The workload is manageable, the bosses are supportive, and there's ample freedom to do my thing without feeling like I'm under a microscope. Sure, the commute might be a tad longer, but the sense of peace I've found makes it all worth it. Alhumdulillah for life's blessings, indeed!

On another note, the family and I took a quick trip to our village over the weekend. We had some legal stuff to sort out regarding a land transfer, but it was also a nice chance to catch up with relatives. My cousins got to meet Wali and then Wali also met his cousins, and it was fun for everyone to reconnect. It was a day trip, so we headed back to Lahore the same day.

Sunday was a full day of shopping and exploring! We started with the Daachi exhibition, which is always a favorite. Unfortunately, the prices seemed much higher this year, and I overheard quite a few people complaining about it. It seems the cost of doing business has gone up for everyone.  Despite that, I did manage to find a few cute home decor pieces and some personal items.

Wali got a little tired after Daachi, so we dropped him off at home and then continued our shopping adventure at Haryali Market. This is a great place to find unique items from local vendors. I found a bunch of cute things for myself at different stalls, and Sohail even treated himself to a couple of locally made impression perfumes.  We finished the day off with a delicious food crawl – burgers, loaded fries, chappal kebabs, and a slice of Fired Up pizza (yum!).

Fired Up Pizza, Pizza, Pizza in Lahore
Pizza from Fired Up

What struck me most was the difference between the two exhibitions. Daachi seems to be catering more to businesses that have already achieved some level of success. Haryali, on the other hand, feels more focused on supporting actual home-based entrepreneurs.  There were tons of small stalls that had that charming "home-made" vibe. The food scene was also more exciting at Haryali, with lots of options from small, independent vendors.

In a city as vibrant as Lahore, exhibitions like Daachi and Haryali serve as more than just shopping destinations—they're cultural touchstones, bringing communities together in the name of art, commerce, and good food.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe