|Review|: Advertised vs. Reality - A case of missing bling by Bukhari Accessories

10:42 AM

Let's be honest, who doesn't love to feel glamorous at a wedding?  Last year, for a family wedding, I was all set to embrace the festive spirit with a stunning outfit. To complete the look, I decided to order a matching jewelry set from Bukhari Accessories.  I'd heard good things, so I was excited!  Unfortunately, my experience turned out to be a major let down.

Bukhari Accessories
Bukhari Accessories
I placed an order for a delicate jewelry set with jhumkas and a tikka. The jhumkas were okay – the weight seemed accurate, and the stones were nicely set.  But the tikka?  Oh, the tikka was a whole different story.  It was a complete and utter disappointment.

Jewllery set by Bukhari accessories
Blue stones set from Bukhari Accessories

Here's the thing: "fraud" is a strong word, but in this case, it feels entirely justified.  The advertised tikka on their Instagram page showcased a beautiful piece with intricate engravings and sparkling stones.  What I received, however, was a flimsy piece of metal with barely-there engravings and absolutely no stones. The jhumkas are fine. They resemble the kundan style making, however the tikka is a nightmare. Its piece of metallic strip with very mild design engravings. 


Needless to say, I was pretty frustrated.  I contacted Bukhari Accessories to express my concern.  Their response?  Let's just say it left me speechless (and not in a good way).  They basically told me that for the price I paid, the quality was "justified."  Apparently, if I wanted a tikka that resembled the one advertised, I should have been prepared to shell out more money.  Here's the problem: that information was nowhere to be found on their page!  I ordered based on what they presented, and the reality was a far cry from the image.


The good thing about buying with your own hard-earned cash is that you have a voice.  And I'm using mine to call out Bukhari Accessories for their misleading practices.  It seems influencers get showered with freebies and promote a rosy picture, but for paying customers, the experience can be a real let down. When I reached them out, here is the unprofessional and shameless response I received. And after that. they did not bother responding. That was my first and last purchase from them. 




Verdict: 

If you're considering Bukhari Accessories, proceed with caution.  Do your research, be wary of discrepancies between advertised products and reality, and maybe, just maybe, consider exploring other options before placing your order.

Have you had similar experiences with online retailers?  Share your thoughts in the comments below!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe