|Subscription|: January Beauty Box by Beauty Enhancers

11:55 AM

Hi Beauties!

It seems the new rave in Pakistan's beauty blogosphere is, subscription boxes. Many online Facebook stores are coming up with this idea. I, as a beauty blogger am more than pleased with the availability of these subscription boxes. The point of these subscription boxes is to bring to you new brands and versatile products relatively at a bit more value than what you are paying for each box. Since most of the brands are not available in Pakistan, the idea sounds awesome. Today, I bring you another beauty box which was launched in November 2014, but I came to know about it recently. 

Beauty Box by Makeup Enhancers
The subscription service by Beauty Enhancers is known simply as a Beauty Box. Since I just received it in a pouch so I asked the owner of Beauty Enhancers as to why its called a Beauty Box when its more like a bag? She told me, she was out of boxes and had to send it out so she used this bag for convenience. Here I would like to mention, the bag is perfumed and I loved whichever perfume has been sprayed inside the bag. Its just adds and extra oomph to it. 

Beauty Enhancers provides the option of choosing one item of your choice from the available items to be placed in a box. Remaining items are added at the owner's discretion. I kind of liked the option since it provides the receiver with the choice of getting at least one item to her liking. For myself, I chose the Hard candy eye shadow palette. Here is what I received in my bag for the month of January:

1. Hard candy trendsetter eye shadow palette in birthday suit
2. The body shop strawberry body butter (50 ml)
3. NYX lip pencil
4.  Amorefacific anti aging cream tester sample

Beauty Box items for the month of January

Hard candy trendsetter eye shadow palette in trendsetter

Hard candy trendsetter eye shadow palette in trendsetter

The Body Shop body butter in strawberry

NYX lip liner pencil

Amorefacific anti aging cream
I am not very Wowed by this box for some reasons which I am mentioning. Since its a beauty box, its supposed to come in a box not a bag. If one has a customized service then its supposed to be proper with a proper box, a name and definitely some presentation. I am unable to fathom that boxes were out of stock for a very customized service. 

Secondly, I am not very impressed with the presence of a tester sample that clearly states not for sale on it. I understand the presence of small sized items but a not for sale item is surely not cool. Plus the owner mentioned to choose one item of my choice and she shall be adding 3-4 items of her choice. Technically, I see only 2 items added, the anti aging cream is just not there for me. 

Thirdly, I find the beauty box expensive and less value for money. Comparing it with the other beauty subscriptions I have opted for, this one happens to be the most expensive priced at Rs. 2200 per month. I feel the items are clearly not adding more value for the money I paid, which fails the core purpose of a beauty box for a subscriber. 

Now the question is, would I be opting for this beauty box again? At the moment, I am not so sure. Maybe some time in future but not right now. 

Have you subscribed to any local subscription service as yet? How has been your experience? Hope you liked my quick short review on the monthly subscription box. Drop in your comments to share your view with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!



You Might Also Like

14 comments

  1. The bag looks kinda tacky but considering the brands included and option to choose a product of your choice this beauty box I liked better. Since the page owner is simply starting a venture on her own and is not affiliated with brands, its totally ok with me that she included not for sale samples. Price is a issue here. Beauty Enhancers needs to cut it down.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. From what I saw on her Facebook page, she began it since November. Considering it was the first time I had opted for the beauty box she should have wooed me with her presentation and service as in sell herself for subscription for upcoming months. Unfortunately that did not happen for me.

      Delete
  2. While I have always loved the idea and I'm glad to see local subscriptions springing up, I feel sorry for your experience. Not sending the box, that too for first delivery is quite disappointing and the samples are always extras, not part of the purchase ever. xx

    Jadirah Sarmad | Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I totally agree with what you are saying. My thoughts exactly. Considering the fact people place huge orders with these pages and yet never get to have the samples with their purchases which actually stores give out for free. Then to have them sold to you that too in a subscription box was actually a let down for me.

      Delete
  3. Are those eye shadows matte? They look really good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the eye shadows are matte. But most of the shades are ones that dont pop out on our skin tones.

      Delete
  4. I like the idea but would prefer to subscribe to the one which offers the quality of the price I pay :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup which is why I am testing them all to decide which one to opt for in future.

      Delete
  5. I think nyx has a similar eye shadow palette to the hard candy one. I need to try this stuff out :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes seen those. But most of the shades in this palette are not for my skin tone.

      Delete
  6. This box (i mean bag) looks tricky.And it seems expensive.You should try ipsy and birchbox :) They are amazingg :)
    annmakeupblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am thinking of doing that too but lets see. And yes I agree with you on the quality of the pouch.

      Delete
  7. Products look good but for price it is definitely expensive compared to other beauty box i have seen so far.
    GlamupGirls

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one hasn't really impressed me too. Thanks for sharing. Enjoy ur goodies :)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe