|Review|: The Body Shop Moringa Body Yogurt

4:23 PM

Hello Beautiful!

We all know about sorbets, creams and lotions but when I heard about body yogurts, my thought was that its just a fancy name and they are not going to be any different from the conventional body lotions and creams. But man, was I wrong or what. Read my review to find out more about this amazing new product.

The Body Shop Moringa Body Yogurt 
Packaging:

The Body Shop yogurts come in cylindrical, oblong shaped sturdy plastic tubs with a screw on cap. They weigh 98 gms with 200 ml of product and are leak proof, travel friendly. The tub may be difficult to carry around as this is the only size they come in.

Texture:

The texture is what is really interesting about this product. Normally body creams have thick consistency and lotions have runny consistency with a smooth cremay texture. These body yogurts on the other hand have a cream gel like consistency with a watery texture. The texture is, as if its bonded with water but without a runny consistency.

Variants: 

These yogurts come in 5 variants: British Rose, Moringa, Mango, Strawberry and Almond milk. 

Claims:

Here is what The Body Shop claims about its body yogurt: 

"Life’s too short for waiting - jump straight into your jeans with our Moringa Body Yogurt. The new, lightweight formula absorbs instantly and provides up to 48 hours of moisture. Apply to damp skin straight after showering for skin that feels smoother and never sticky, with the floral scent of moringa. The gel-cream is 100% vegan, enriched with moringa extract from Rwanda and Community Trade organic almond milk from Spain.
  • NEW lightweight, fast-absorbing gel-cream formula
  • 100% vegan
  • 48hr moisture
  • Enriched with moringa extract from Rwanda and Community Trade organic almond milk from Spain
  • 87% agree the formula absorbs instantly
  • 86% like that the formula works on damp skin
  • 3 in 4 agree they can put their jeans on straight after application
  • 95% agree skin feels moisturised
  • 81% agree skin appears radiant User trial on 104 women & men."



My Thoughts:

People like me who are blessed with a combination skin type live their lives according to the whims of their skin. We never know what mood our skin is in. There can be days when the skin is oily in Winters, then there are days when the skin is patchy, scaly dry. Same goes for Summers. Apart from constant sweating and oil accumulation on skin, certain parts may end up having dry patches. How to manage these tantrums? This is a tricky question. Like I mentioned earlier, when The Body Shop launched these yogurts I was skeptical of them. Anyhow me being the shopaholic that I am, I bought it in Summers. 

I applied it right after shower. I normally apply body lotions/creams/sorbets/yogurts right after stepping out of the shower as its the perfect time to apply any hydrant or moisturizer to retain the moisture in skin. These moisturizers serve as a protective layer against moisture loss and also the ingredients provide extra noursihment to the skin. So, the yogurt completely absorbed into my skin in a matter of seconds leaving no greasiness or traces behind. I was like Oh Waaaooooo!!!! The yogurt works perfectly for my skin in Summers as it helps to keep my skin moisturized and hydrated for long hours. Its not suitable for Winter use though. My skin gets super dry in Winters, so much that sometimes I have to moisturize it twice a day. 

I would call these yogurts as light weight, non greasy, heavy duty moisturizers perfect for Summers and Fall but not something for Winters especially for people with dry skin. As for the claims by Body Shop, here is my take on them. I don't agree that the moisture lasts for 48 hours. Yes, the formula absorbs perfectly into the skin and also one can immediately put on clothes without waiting for the formula to seep in or the greasiness to settle. It simply isn't greasy and I do not leave hand marks on glass surfaces after its application. 

Rating: 

4.5/5 

Grade: 

A-

Price: 

Rs. 2490 

Availability: 

The body yogurts are available at all Body Shop outlets across Pakistan and can also be ordered online through their website by clicking on this link

Pro Tip: 

Place the product in fridge in Summers ans take it out before application. Apply the cool yogurt on body and enjoy the cool refreshing feeling of moisture on your skin. 

Hope you liked my review. Drop in your comments to share your feedback with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe