|Review|: Lush Bubble Gum Lip Scrub

3:47 PM

Hello Beautiful!

I am generally a lazy person and maintaining routines has never been easy for me. I don't know if I should attribute it to bad habits, disorganization or just a personally trait but this is how I generally am. However, in year 2019, this is one area where I am working on improving myself. Being organized! Thats the goal. So point being, I am also lazy when it comes to taking care of myself. It wasn't so a few years back but I guess most of my time is now occupied by surfing the social media for no reason which leaves me with no time to accomplish anything else. 

With the influx of matte liquid lipsticks in the market, the need of a good lip exfoliator has also increased. There are definitely some stubborn lipsticks that really require an exfoliator to take off the residual. Lush lip scrub is gold in a pot when we speak about lip exfoliation. Here is my take on the product. 

Lush bubble gum lip scrub
"Prep your lips with a buff and polish at the start of your make-up routine to ensure your lipstick glides on and stays put. Just apply with a clean finger, and let the exfoliating caster sugar and softening jojoba oil scrub away dead skin and infuse moisture to rejuvenate your smile. Bubblegum lip scrub won’t leave any greasy residue; just a sweet candy taste that you’ll enjoy licking off. Lip-smackingly good."

Lush bubble gum lip scrub 
Packaging:

The scrub comes in a heavy glass jar containg 25 gms of scrub with a black screw on cap. The packaging isn't travel friendly at all as the scrub contains good amount of jojoba oil and the jar is prone to leakage unless kept staight.

I also have a thing for jars. I find them unhygienic and difficult to use as one has to dip in finger(s) which makes the product prone to bacteria and also the product mostly gets into nail(s).

Lush bubble gum ingredients 

Lush bubble gum lip scrub 
Lush Bubble Gul Lip Scrub Swatch

My Thoughts: 

I have been using this scrub for a while now. A little goes a long way can not be more true in this case. You literally need a pea sized amount of the scrub to work its magic. The thing with Lush products is, they come with a short expiry date, so one has to use the product in that time frame. Honestly, mine expired but I still kept using it and it worked well. The sugar starts to melt with the oil once you strat rubbing it over your lips. I know I am done when the sugar granules kind of melt. I use it twice or thrice a week and also when I have residual lipstick left on my lips which doesn't come off with a makeup remover. Those fine lines over the lips can be a pain at imes. 

Lets talk about the pros first. It contains granular sugar which works best for exfoliation  and removing dead skin and residual lipstick off the lips. The sugar is rough enough to scrub the lips but also gentle enough to not abrase or cause any uncomfort afterwards. It leaves the lips super moisturized and a little plump afterwards. Also since it tastes like cotton candy and sugar, its nice to lick it off when done. The scrub contains jojoba oil which has anti bacterial, anti inflammatory properties. It moisturizes skin, balances oil production of skin, reduces wrinkles and signs of aging and acts as a good cleanser. 

Now coming to the cons of the product, the jar isn't travel friendly due to leakage of oil. The application is messy. The scrub gets crumbly and goes off everywhere over the lips and mouth and also at times falls off. I use a spatula to pick up product and sometimes even this step gets messy. Apart from this I don't find anything worng with scrub. The smell and flavor of candy floss may be overpwoering for some people if you are sensitive to it. I however love it and lick it off later as well. 

Rating: 

4.7/5

Grade: 

A+ 

Price: 

£6.50 for 25 gms or $10.95 

Overpriced for the quantity? Yes. After all its just sugar and oil. But then again how many of us actually get the time to make one from time to time? So one time investment is worth the time and effort. 

Verdict: 

Its a must buy if you don't want ugly flaky lips and don't want your lipstick to come off as flake pile. 

Availability: 

Lush sadly is not available in Pakistan so you may have to buy it from some online store. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe