|Subscription|: ST Effects Special Limited Edition Box

12:54 AM

Hello Beautiful!

Its after a very long time that I again subscribed to ST Effects box. Its one of my first subscription service box and reminded me the good old days when I was first time ever exposed to the world of beauty subscription boxes. If you are not aware then let me enlighten you that Sarah from The Brand Hub is a pioneer in introducing beauty subscription boxes in Pakistan. You can see my review of her previous boxes by clicking here. She recently opened up a few slots to her special edition boxes and without missing, I jumped on the chance to get myself one. Here is my review on it: 

ST Effects special edition box
Packaging: 

The special edition boxes are just amazing. They are handcrafted and I see a lot of effort done on them. The theme is lilac, pink and white. The box is sturdy from inside but the outer is a little delicate due to all the intricate handiwork done on it. Its a multi purpose box which can be used later. I have mostly used my subscription boxes as gift boxes and people have always ended up liking them. I am saving this box for later use as well.


Inside look of ST Effects special edition box
The goodies came with a special note of thanks from Sarah and her contact card. Like any good subscription service, the box contains 5 items. 1 high end full sized item, 1 high end sample sized item and 3 drug store products.  

Kylie holiday edition matte lip kit in Merry, Elf eyelid primer, Colourpop super nova eye shadow, Wet n wild shimmer palette in boozy brunch, Smashbox primerizer


1. Colourpop Supernova shadow

I never had the pleasure of trying Colourpop's super nova shadows. Those of you like me, who are not aware what supernova shadows are, they are liquid, heavily loaded with sparkling glitter, eye shadows. The glitter is finely milled so it isn't very chunky (slightly is). But these aren't my type. These are too over the top bright sparkling eye shadows for my taste. But I am glad I got to try them. 

Colourpop supernova eye shadow in walk of fame

Colourpop supernova eye shadow in walk of fame

2. Wet n Wild shimmer palette in Boozy brunch

Next up is shimmer palette by Wet n wild in boozy brunch. Its an ample sized palette with trio shades of blush on. highlighter and a bronzer. 

Wet n wild shimmer palette in boozy brunch

3. Smashbox Photo finish primerizer

I am already using 2 other smashbox primers. However this seems to be a slightly different kind of primer; a combination of primer and moisturizer, and I am intrigued to give this one a try. Its a sample size and comes in a really tiny packaging. I guess I would be able to use it twice or thrice maximum. 

Smashbox photo finish primerizer

4. Elf shadow lock eyelid primer

The box contains an Elf eye lid primer. I have never tried the Elf one before and I do want to give it a shot. Previously I have been using essence eye lid primer and I have seen good results. Since Essence is also drugstore and so is Elf, comparison in performance will be easier between both. 

Elf shadow lock eye lid primer

5. Kylie holiday edition matte liquid lipstick & lip liner

Last but definitely not the least, I have Kylie's holiday edition matte lipstick kit in Merry. As you can tell from the price tag on the kit, the kit itself is for Rs. 4500 only. These kits range between Rs. 3800 to Rs. 5500 in Pakistan. The price of this kit alone is more than that of the whole box. If this isn't value for money then I don't know what is. Cherry on top, I am a huge Kylie cosmetics fan. 

Kylie holiday edition liquid lipstick & lip liner in Merry
 Kylie holiday edition matte liquid lipstick & lip liner in Merry 
Lets do a break down of prices now. Colourpop super nova eye shadow is for $7. Wet n Wild boozy brunch shimmer palette is around $6. Elf shadow lock eye lid primer is for $2.75 and Kylie lip kit is priced at $30. Add all of them and the total value of the box amounts to $ 45.75 which means roughly the box is around Rs. 5580. Guess how much I paid for the box including delivery charges? Only Rs. 2800!!!. Yes,only Rs. 2800. 

Verdict

I totally recommend opting for these special edition boxes (if they are still available). They are worth the money. Good news is, there are going to be special Eid boxes too. So if you have missed out on these special edition boxes you can still opt for the Eid ones. What are you waiting for? 

Hope you liked my review. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe