|Review|: Beautify By Amna Porefade Foundation Primer

11:44 PM

Hello Beautiful!

There was a time when I used to skip primer application. But now it has become a religious ritual for me every time while doing my makeup. I have quite a collection of primers, ranging from drugstore to high end. Beautify by Amna is a Pakistani brand. They stepped into the market some 2 years back and have been going strong. Reason for this is, their commitment and dedication towards delivery quality products which perform at high standards. I am all in support of local brands. Infact, I believe that we need more of our own brands. Who would understand our needs better than our own people. I am reviewing their porfade foundation primer today. Let's see how it has performed.

Beautify by Amna porfade foundation primer
Here is what Beauty by Amna claims about its primer:

Perfect for oily, acne-prone or sensitive skin, this oil free, 60% water based foundation primer refreshes on contact while oil absorbers provide a smooth matte finish all day. Light diffusers minimize the appearance of imperfections while Vitamin C and peptides even skin tone for a flawless future. Wear under foundation to increase its longevity or alone for velvety smooth finish.

Beautify by Amna's claim 

Ingredient list 
Packaging:

The primer comes in a black plain carboard box. Inside the box is a 30 ml soft squeeze transparent plastic tube with a black twist lid. The packaging has now been changed and it comes with a golden colored lid. Either ways, I am not too thrilled about the packaging aesthetically. Not sure if the leopard spots signify pores but nonetheless it isn't attractive to me. The primer may get a more professional and serious look if the design is changed in my opinion.

Beautify by Amna Porfade primer 

Beautify by Amna porfade primer 
Texture:


Since its a silicone based primer, the texture is similar to most silicone primers; soft and velvety. It has a translucent gel like texture with a thick consistency.


Performance test:

Like any other primer performance test taken on a poor orange, I am also doing the same to check out the performance of this product and compare it to other primers that I have. 

Orange - No primer application 
The primer has sunk into the pores and settled well resulting in an equal and levelled surface. The only thing I felt was, it took the primer long to settle. I could feel it moving for long and same happens on my skin as well. 

Orange with primer applied 

Foundation application with primer applied 

Foundation application with no primer 


From L to R: No primer, with primer, foundation with primer, foundation without primer 


My Thoughts:

After moisturizing my face with a cream/lotion/serum, I proceed to apply a pea sized amount of this primer on my face and rub it all over with my finger tips. It evenly spreads on my whole face instantly. You may only use it for areas that have enlarged/open pores. I usually skip application on my forehead. What I have noticed about this primer is, it takes a while to settle onto the skin. I can feel it moving around if I touch my face immediately. I suggest waiting for at least a minute before proceeding with foundation application.

The primer has a slightly heavy feel to it. Once it has settled onto the skin, I feel a weight on my face. It layers on to the skin and gives less of an absorbing feel. However, it acts fantastically by blurring out the pores, providing a smooth and even finish onto the skin. I have used it in Summers and Winters both. The primer may work  fine with people having combination to slightly dry skin and even a skin that inclines towards oily. Not sure how it will perform on people having oily to acne prone skin. As I mentioned earlier it creates a silicone barrier over the skin, it may clog pores and cause difficulty for the skin to breathe.

Further, what I have noticed is, my makeup does last longer and stays put after using this primer. My forehead is the most oily region of my face. After good 5 to 6 hours, this is the area where the oil starts to become visible. Best part is, its completely odorless. People who are sensitive to fragrant products will be happy to know this. Coming to the price point, it initially retailed at Rs. 2500 and now is available for Rs. 1,750. In my opinion the product is over priced. Performance wise , its like any drug store primer such as W7, Elf or Essence cosmetics.

Rating:

4/5

Grade:

A

Price:

Rs. 1,750

Availability:

Beautify By Amna products are available on their website 

Verdict:

Quality and performance wise its a good product and does the job well. However, there are cheaper substitutes in the market. You may opt for those as well in less price.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe