|Review|: Kylie Cosmetics Matte Liquid Lipstick & Lip Liner in Candy K

12:30 PM

Hello Beautiful!

I hopped on to the Kylie bandwagon when they were launched mainly due to the hype surrounding against the brand. Honestly my expectations were not high and I took it as a celebrity fan following hype more than actual product performance. But jeez, was I wrong or what? The product actually does perform contrary to the hate surrounding the Kardashians and Jenners. Anyhow here is my review on Kylie's famous matte lip kit.

Kylie Matte Liquid lipstick and lip liner in Candy K

Packaging: 

Kylie lip kits come in a white thin cardboard packaging containing one lip liner pencil and a matte liquid lipstick in a plastic tube with black lid. The applicator is impressive as its accurately sized for perfect product application. 

Kylie Matte Liquid lipstick and lip liner in Candy K ingredients 

Kylie Matte Liquid lipstick and lip liner in Candy K

Kylie Matte Liquid lipstick and lip liner in Candy K - packaging 
Here is what Kylie cosmetics says about their lip kit:

Lip Liner


This ultra-long wearing lip liner has a creamy texture that glides across the lips for a very easy and comfortable application. The Lip Liner sharpens easily in most standard sized sharpeners - just make sure your sharpener is not dull!

Matte Liquid Lipstick


The Matte Liquid Lipstick has high intensity pigment for an instant bold matte lip. The extremely long wearing lipstick contains moisturizing ingredients for a comfortable, emollient and silky feel that does not dry your lips out.


Kylie cosmetics lip liner and Liquid lipstick in Candy K

Kylie cosmetics lip liner in Candy K
Kylie matte liquid lipstick in Candy K

Swatch of lip liner and liquid lipstick with no flash 

Swatch of lip liner and liquid lipstick with flash 

Swatch of lip liner and liquid lipstick in natural light - day time around 2 pm 
Here I have only lined and filled my lips with the lip liner. The pigmentation of lip liner is something you may look forward to.

Lip liner in Candy K
Candy K matte liquid lipstick applied over lip liner.
Swatches of matte liquid lipstick applied over lip liner 
I put the lipstick to vigorous test, I am so impressed with the lasting power. Look at how much it faded over a period of 10 hours. I ate, drank and what not the whole day. 

After 10 hours of wear 
My Experience:

It would be an understatement to say that I love Kylie's lipsticks. Yes! I do love them and have built quite a collection of them as well. The formula is great. It glides on to the lips smoothly and settles very nicely onto the lips.

Lip Liner:

Most of the lip liners I have come across have been dry and required a lot of back and forth rubbing to get pigment on lips. But not Kylie's. The formulation is very creamy and it smoothly glides on to the lips. The pigmentation is great. Pencil is sharpen-able with a regular pencil sharpener. As done by Kylie, her technique is, she layers the lip with a liner first after outlining the lips and then sets it off with lipstick application. Doing so provides a good matte base for the liquid lipstick. It lasts longer and also gives a better color pay off due to a complimenting color at the base. I have also done the same in above pictures. The lip liner is slightly darker than the lipstick and lines the lips beautifully topped off with the matte lipstick

Liquid Lipstick:

The reason I am all praises about Kylie's lipsticks is because of the formulation. The lipstick is highly pigmented with a viscous consistency. Apply a thin layer and spread it all over the lips. It starts off as a bit sticky in the beginning but dries off to a nice matte finish with no stickiness. The formula is light weight so you don't feel it on your lips. I am impressed with the staying power of this lipstick. The lipstick lasts for long hours with little fading. Its minimally transferable and I did not see transfer color on my coffee mug or food. The lipstick is heavily scented in vanilla favor. The smell may be over whelming for some but I like it. Infact its the smell of the lipstick which has always helped me identify an original Kylie from fake ones. No matter how many A+ grade replicas are available in the market, I have yet to come across one that has perfectly replicated the smell. This is my tell and a pro tip for my readers for identifying fake Kylies. Don't worry about the strong smell though, it goes away once the lipstick dries and it doesn't taste like anything either. 

Pros: 
  • Pigmented
  • Long lasting
  • Non sticky/Non transferable
  • Does not feather
  • Easy to remove with a makeup remover 
Cons: 
  • Price point
  • Strong smell
  • Availability 

Grade: 

A+

Rating: 

5/5

Price: 

Kylie lip kits retails at $29 and are range between Rs. 3500 to Rs. 5500 

Availability: 

Unfortunately, Kylie cosmetics is not available in Pakistan. Although they ship worldwide but out customs charges taxes double the price of the package. I would recommend purchasing via online cosmetic sellers and opt for an authentic seller as there are countless fakes floating in the market. I bought mine from The Beauty Broadway for Rs. 4500. 

Verdict: 

Apart from the Kardashian/Jenner fame and fan following syndrome, Kylie lip kits are actually good and they deliver what they claim. Although the price point is high but for the performance, product is worth the money. If you can afford to indulge, there is no harm in opting for at least one Kylie lipstick in your stash. Trust me, you wouldn't repent your decision. 

I hope you liked my review. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe