|Review|: Hygiena Pimple Patch

12:58 AM

Hello Beautiful!

You might have seen this little blue box available at most departmental stores nation wide. Although pimple zapping is an old concept and we have seen and used them in different forms, like zapping pens, squeeze tubes, patches are relatively a new thing in Pakistan. Most of us won't even be comfortable with the idea of pasting a patch on our face making the pimple treatment all the more obvious rather than projecting, oh, I don't care, it will go away in its due time. I was going through the side effects of using Minoxidil for my hair on doctor's recommendation and got acne for the first time ever on my face. They were big saucer like pimples that hurt like a mofo. I decided to buy Hygiena pimple patch to give it a go. Here is my detailed tried and tested review on the product. 

Hygiena Pimple patch
Hygiena is a product which is distributed by Uniferoz in Pakistan. Uniferoz is also the distributor of Bioderma and Bio Balance products in Pakistan. 

Packaging: 

Its a flimsy small square cardboard box, perfectly sized to place in your bags and clutches containing 24 assorted pimple patches. The patches come sealed in a plastic wrap for hygiene purposes. 

Back of the pack

Here is what Hygiena claims about its product:

  • "Hydrocolloid pimple patch absorbs secretion and promotes healing of pimples
  • Water based material that acts like a sponge to absorb the oily secretion, fluid or pus
  • Acts a barrier over the pimple to reduce hand contact and infection 
  • Waterproof yet breathable to improve healing"

Assorted patches

Using the patch is very simple. Cleanse your face and pat dry gently. Make sure your face is completely dry. Unseal the plastic wrap and peel off a patch as needed according to the size of your pimple. Make sure your hands are clean. Cover the pimple with the patch. Let the patch remain for a few hours and work its magic. Once the patch has gone translucent, remove the patch and replace with a new one if needed. 


Although Hygiena claims the patches are transparent in color, I find them slightly translucent and they become completely translucent after absorbing sebum and oil secretions deflating the pimple to an extent. 

Before using the patches 

Patches applied

After removing the patch
Before and after usage
My Experience:

I have been using these patches for a while now and my experience has been very positive. I have  found these patches to work for me, always. The before and after image you see above is the result of using the patch for 9 hours at night. It did not magically make my pimples disappear but it did deflate them to a good extent. 

I normally don't touch my face unconsciously but sometimes I do scratch the itch away and that's when the disaster happens. I poke the pimple unintentionally which makes it hurt more. And I don't know what my problem is, but I scratch my face while sleeping as well and the pimples end up inflated with a vengeance. These patches come in very handy in such situations when you already have them applied. 

I use the patches whenever a pimple pops up on my face and at night always. However during my minoxidil break out, I have used them during day time as well. They are not as negligible as the company claims them to be. They are clearly visible on the face and to apply a foundation over the patches? I haven't even thought of giving it a go. It may work if you apply a very thick layer of foundation with concealer underneath but I keep my foundation light to medium coverage for office hours. 

These patches are slightly translucent already and they keep absorbing the oil and sebum the whole while they are plastered and end up becoming milky translucent. That's when I know its time to remove them. They are breathable but not completely water proof as claimed by the company. However, I am impressed with the stickiness. They don't easily come off with water unless you peel them off. But they do kind of get soggy after coming in contact with water. 

Rating: 

5/5

Grade: 

A+

Price: 

Rs. 100+ Approx. Less than a $

Availability:

All major departmental stores across the country and also inline on a few web stores. 

Verdict: 

These patches are really effective regardless of your skin type and work very well on pimples and zits. I don't have active acne so not sure about the performance in this regard. But I definitely recommend these. 

Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe