|Review|: Hawaiian Silky Moroccan Argan Oil Hydrating Sleek Shampoo, Conditioner and Mask

2:35 PM

Hello beautiful!

Since my regular followers are well aware, I enjoy switching shampoos time to time and keep experimenting with different products. This time I tried a not so famous, more of an Afro brand by the name of Hawaiian Silky. I wasn't able to find much information about the product on internet, apart from the fact that its majorly sold on Amazon and mostly the reviews were from people having Afro hair texture. 

Hawaiian Silky Moroccan argan oil hydrating sleek shampoo and conditioner

Hawaiian Silky Moroccan argan oil hydrating sleek shampoo and conditioner 
Hawaiian Silky Moroccan Argan Oil hydrating sleek shampoo

Claims: 

Hawaiian Silky argan oil hydrating sleek shampoo cleanses while instantly hydrating and rejuvenating hair with Moroccan argan oil, Vitamin E, essential fatty acids and proteins. This sulphate free formula delivers vital nutrients and antioxidants to the hair for long lasting moisture and protection from future damage. This creamy lather helps repair hair and adds strength, shine and manageability for healthier, silkier , younger looking hair you can see and feel. 

Hawaiian Silky Moroccan argan oil hydrating sleek shampoo
Directions: 

Apply hydrating sleek shampoo to wet hair, gently massage scalp, working into a rich lather for 3-5 minutes and rinse. For best results, follow with hydrating sleek conditioner. 

Hawaiian Silky Moroccan Argan Oil hydrating sleek conditioner

Claims: 

"Hawaiian Silky argan oil hydrating sleek conditioner gently detangles and nourishes while hydrating and rejuvenating hair with Moroccan argan oil, vitamin E, essential fatty acids and proteins. This luxurious cream delivers intense hydration as it protects, leaving hair healthier and silky smooth." 

Directions: 

After cleansing with hydrating sleek shampoo, gently remove excess water from hair and apply hydrating sleek conditioner from scalp to ends. Leave on for 3-5 minutes and rinse. 

Hawaiian Silky Moroccan argan oil hydrating sleek shampoo
Texture: 

Texture of shampoo is quite runny and watery. The good part is, it lathers very well. 

As for the conditioners, it has a dense consistency. Taking it out of the bottle is a hassle. One keeps shaking and squeezing the bottle as it reaches half. The product takes a good while to slide down and squeeze out of the tiny hole. 

Swatch of Hawaiian silky Moroccan argan oil hydrating sleek shampoo

Swatch of Hawaiian silky Moroccan argal oil hydrating sleek conditioner 
Hawaiian Silky Moroccan Argan oil hydrating sleek intense repair mask 

Here is another product by the same brand which I purchased to complete the hair care regimen. 

Packaging: 

The mask comes in a green colored flimsy cardboard box with ingredients, directions and actions mentioned in detail. I do not have the box photographed. The mask itself comes in a screw open jar with 241 gms of content. The jar has no instructions or details at all. Just the product sticker on top of the lid. 

Hawaiian Silky Moroccan argan oil hydrating sleek intense repair mask
Claims:

"Hawaiian Silky Moroccan argan oil hydrating sleek intense repair mask penetrates deep into the hair for lasting strength, shine and manageability without weighing it down. This unique formula infuses Moroccan argan oil, essential fatty acids, vitamins and proteins to hair follicles to fully repair and revitalize hair damaged by color and chemical processing. Its deep penetration actions repairs breakage and split ends as it rebuilds, fortifies and protects the hair, leaving it irresistibly soft and sleek." 
Hawaiian Silky Moroccan argan oil hydrating sleek intense repair mask
Texture: 


The mask has a very thick cream like consistency and quite dense as well. Its light peach in color. The peach color is only noticeable in the jar otherwise it appears white.

Usage Directions: 

After shampooing and towel drying the hair, apply a generous amount of mask to hair and distribute evenly from scalp to ends. Leave in for 5 to 7 minutes to penetrate the cuticles of hair. No heat is required for processing. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. Style as desired. 

Swatch of hair mask
My Experience:


The reason I opted to purchase this range was, the range was new and had an interesting description with quite high claims. The shampoo and conditioner smelt nice. But most importantly, Argan oil suits me very well. Argan oil helps me tame my hair reducing the frizz and dryness and also keeps them well managed.

Sadly when I used the shampoo initially, I was not impressed at all. The shampoo made my hair very dry, like super dry. I had to use a conditioner, otherwise I am quite sure they wouldn't have untangled even. The shampoo has an overpowering strong Arabic fragrance which is a turn off for me. I prefer fragrant products but this one was an over kill. I doubt, the strong fragrance is also a contributor to dryness. I did not feel any difference in my hair. In fact the texture of my hair worsened after using this shampoo. The only nice part about the shampoo was the fair smelt nice. 

As for the conditioner, it was a MUST. I could not even imagine skipping it as the shampoo left hair super dry. The conditioner helped with softening the hair and also with hydration and smoothness. Conditioners, like the shampoo also had an overpowering fragrance. The good thing about the fragrance was, it lasted long; one day for scalp and two days on hair. 

Coming to the hair mask, this product is perhaps the only saving grace for the range in my opinion. The mask undoubtedly worked very well on my hair. It requires 5 to 7 minutes to do its magic and I hardly gave it this much time twice only. Other times I used to wash my hair immediately and still could feel the effect of mask. It made hair soft, smooth and manageable reducing my frizz. I would suggest using the mask right away and not to keep it on the shelf for long time. It tends to de-bond I'll say, and the oil and cream separates.

Rating: 

3/5

Grade: 

C

Price: 

Shampoo - Rs. 500
Conditioner - Rs. 500
Mask - Rs. 700

Availability: 

I got mine from Raja Sahib Model Town Link Road outlet. I have seen the range shelved at all Raja Sahib outlets and available online at saloni.pk

Verdict: 

My finding is, since its an Afro brand designed for Afro hair, it may suit their hair texture but definitely isn't worth the splurge for South Asian hair. It might work for curly hair since the range is designed specifically for rough unruly texture, but I am not sure.

Recommendation: 

I do not recommend purchasing this range.

Hope you liked the detailed review. Drop in your comments to share your feedback with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe