|Review|: 4U2 You're Mine Lipstick in #05, My one and only

2:30 PM

Hello Beautiful!

I am an old customer of 4U2 cosmetics brand. Its a Thailand based color cosmetic brand which was available in Pakistan in 2011 I believe. It was discontinued a few years back I guess as I could not spot a single item in stores. It has recently popped up again, not sure if its being managed by the same management or some other. Their lipstick was a random purchase as the packaging looked very appealing. Ignore the lighting in pictures, I shot these on my work desk, hence the lighting isn't proper. 

4U2 you're mine lipstick
There is not much on Pakistani blogposhere about this brand, however from what I could gather from the internet, these lipsticks are a highly hyped product and considered a star. Here is what 4U2 claims abut these lipsticks: 

"You're mine series by 4U2 is one of the top selling lipsticks in Thailand. There are 18 shades available that will complement all skin tones and achieve different makeup styles. 
It can be easily applied on lips and creates a matte and smooth finish. The shades are highly pigmented as it has a soft texture on your lips that allows you to have it on all day long without any discomfort. It is also long lasting, water-resistant and fragrance free. Other than being a lipstick, it can also be used as a blusher. This product is ideal for everyday use as it is designed to be light and small which makes it very convenient to be carried around." 

Packaging: 

You're mine lipstick by 4U2 comes in a plastic sealed tear off cover. There is no cardboard packaging involved in this case, just a plastic seal. Tearing off the seal, a matte, sturdy lipstick is exposed. The case is very fine in my opinion. its solid and the matte finish is very neat. Also the lid has to be rotated to open the lipstick. The spin lock is a great feature as it keeps the lid locked and there are zero chances of lipstick accident in your handbag. 

4U2 cosmetics You're mine lipstick in shade #05, my one and only 

4U2 cosmetics You're mine lipstick in shade #05, my one and only 


Texture:

Coming to the product itself, I am not impressed. I was actually concerned about quality of this product. See the holes in bullet below? These are very much similar to what people found in Jaclyn Hill's lipstick which caused a lot of allergic reactions in people and the lipsticks had to be recalled. In 4U2's case, I did not find any moles or hairy outgrowths popping out of the bullet, just these holes which I may attribute as oxygen bubbles or an air mixing issue.

These lipsticks have a very smooth and creamy texture. Application is super easy. Formulation is great as the lipstick glides smoothly across the skin. It does not feel dry and is easily buildable, comes packed with a lot of pigment and is not drying over the lips.


The swatch below depicts how pigmented and smooth it is upon application.

Swatch - 4U2 You're mine lipstick in #05, my one and only

Freshly applied

After 8 hours
My Thoughts:

Although the lipstick was a random purchase, based upon packaging only but I am more than impressed with the performance. I was very much concerned about the bullet having holes in it but I did use the lipstick despite my fears. I faced zero reactions on my skin, the lipstick turned out to be pretty safe to use. There are very few lipsticks which have actually impressed me this much. Can you see the lasting power of this lipstick from the above image? Look at the results after 8 hours. During the day, I had consumed coffee. The transfer over mug's rim was zero. I also had several glasses of water. Then I had taken lunch as well. The lipstick stayed intact. Apart from the minimal fading and sinking into the fine lines, the pigmented is pretty much intact over the lips.

Moreover what I like about this lipstick is, its totally fragrance free, very smooth and non drying. its formulated in such a manner that it smoothly glides onto lips without drying them. My lips did not chap and neither they bled out. There was no feathering and the lipstick doesn't budge at all. I can safely say that this lipstick is one of the most long lasting bullet based lipsticks I have used. Best part is, the colors are very much Asian tone friendly. This range comes in 18 color variants divided into 6 categories according to shades. 

Image courtesy: Google

Image courtesy: Google

Rating: 

5/5

Grade: 

A+

Price: 

Rs. 960 

Availability: 

I purchased mine from Enem Store, Liberty outlet. I have seen these lipsticks at Al Fatah stores as well. 

Verdict: 

I recommend this lipstick. Its ideal for a matte, long lasting color on your lips in an economical price range. 

Hope you liked the detailed review. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe