Project Empties: December 2020

5:08 PM

I started this in November, posting about my empties each month to get a sense of achievement and also to monitor my product usage and practice impulsive shopping control. My aim is to clear my previous stash before opting to buy new products and hoarding stuff. I feel so far my progress has been slow given my laziness. However the deadline to post something every month provides me the required motivation to actually use stuff, rather than letting it sit and rot. 

Here are a few products I finished in December. 

Empties for December 2020

1. Sheet Masks

I have accumulated loads of sheet masks. I started the #30daychallenge but couldn't keep up with the routine. Ended up using 4 sheet masks in this month. Here are the names of the ones I used: 

  • Pink spa fresh face mask 
  • Leaders Mediu Amino moisture mask 
  • Master lab collagen elasticity mask 
  • Aquaringer 
I honestly can't tell if these masks made any difference to my skin. I personally find them all to be the same. Probably constant usage of these masks may yield visible results. However as quick fix, these masks are a great source of moisturizer, hydration and maybe collagen too. 

2. Beauty Formulas Dry Shampoo 

One of the 'Soghaat' of Winter season is dry shampoo. Its a literal life saver. I do not shampoo my hair on daily basis in Winters. I either wash on alternate days or with a gap of 2 days. These days I am using a spray for reversing my hair cycle, prescribed by a dermatologist for my seborrheic dermatitis. It makes my scalp oily pretty quick. Dry shampoo saves the day for me by giving a fresh feel to my hair and also giving them a much needed volume. 

I would rate Beauty Formulas Dry shampoo as quite an average product as its not dense at all like Batiste dry shampoo and will surely not buy it again. 

3. Soap & Glory the righteous butter 

This body butter comes in travel size small jar. I like the fragrance of Soap & Glory products, this product is no exception. I liked its fragrance and also found it to be quite hydrating and creamy. 

4. W7 eye power 

A very under rated eye primer I must say. I found this eye primer matching the quality of our Luscious eye primer which is recommended by MAC now as well. For basic every day makeup I found this product to be performing. 

5. Stellar brilliant primer 

This illuminating primer came in my subscription box. Its a good primer with smooth coverage, however the shimmer used to stick to my fingers which made me avoid using this primer. Good thing it came in deluxe size. 

6. Essence long lasting eye pencil in black 

This was a constant fixture in my travel makeup bag. It turned out to be a god quality eye liner. The smudging was there but for a drug store item it exceeded expectations. 

7. Beauty Blender sponge 

This is a random beauty blender I purchased from Victoria Departmental Store. It was a pack of 5 to 6 blenders in different shapes and sized. This one has lasted me around 8 to 9 months and now it has begun to crack. Time to dispose it off and move on to a new one from the set. Also, its good to replace blenders after a few months since there is a high likelihood of mould development inside the blenders. 


Thats it for my empties for the month of December 2020. Hope you appreciate my progress. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe