Project Empties: March 2021

10:28 AM

 

Empties March 2021

I realized there has been quite some gap since I last posted my empties. There are two valid excuses for this. One, in March my father contracted COVID-19. To help my mom take care of him, I took Work from home and went to mom's place to help her. Within a couple of days, I was sure, I had contracted it as well. Although my symptoms were mild but I was 100% sure that I was COVID positive. I did not get myself tested to validate as it was self evident. It took us 3 weeks to test negative but Alhumdulillah we made it through. The lack of energy and weakness COVID leaves you with, left me struggling for around 3 months. Excuse no. 2 feels like an even bigger hit. I have lost all my data, my 10 years worth of data is all lost which was saved in the portable drive. It has been over a month that I have handed it for recovery to a professional but the chances of recovering the data seem bleak. It contains my blog photo repository and for the time being I am left with next to nothing stock of photos. The blog posts I had lined up are all gone. This reason has been a serious de-motivator and also I keep this hope alive that the data will be retrieved and I shall resume posting once I have the pictures. 

I did not get the chance to use many products in March due to stay at home and COVID. However here are a few things I managed to finish/use/empty during this month. 

1. Skin Deep Rose Hydra gel lip mask 

This lip mask is like any other lip jelly mask I have used before. However I do feel that its overpriced. A single lip mask is priced at Rs. 450 whereas I have bought lip masks in a set of 6 and 10 for Rs, 650. The mask however helps with hydrating the lips and I also felt them to be more plump. 

2. Papa Recipe and Ponds sheet masks 

Although using any skin care products while going through COVID was a futile effort given how drained one feels and also the skin, but it was a welcome respite. The cold, wet sheet felt good against the skin and provided the much needed hydration. 

3. Inglot blotting sheets 

Since I have combination skin, I always tend to carry blotting sheets in my handbag. They are my quick fix to freshen up my face and absorb the excess oil. Inglot sheets have not measured up to the standard I am used to. They are not as absorbent as I expected them to be. 

4. Anagrow shampoo 

This shampoo was recommended by my dermatologist for my scalp condition. I found the shampoo to be effective. Can't be too sure of lengthening or growing effect as the name suggests, however it was good at keeping my flakes away. 

5. Oliva Hand made cosmetics oil in citrus

I bought a set of 4 oil bottles by Olive Hand made cosmetics years back. Citrus was the only one left in my stock. I finished it this month using it for body massage after recovering from Covid. My skin was super dry and I desperately needed nice oil massages to not only make my skin feel better but also to shoo away body aches and relax my muscles. 

6. Evio skin Aurora refreshing cleansing hemp wipes 

I received these wipes in my Boxycharm premium box and used them to take off my makeup or for simply cleansing my face. The thing about wipes is that once you have opened the pack, they tend to dry pretty quickly. You have to finish them in a couple of weeks before they completely dry out. In some cases, they may even dry within the pack unopened if they have been kept for longer lengths of time. I really liked the softness and gentleness of these wipes. However now that I know how long it takes for wipes to degenerate (450 years from what I read), I am more mindful and not supportive of them for any skin or makeup ritual. 

7. Wishful yo glow scrub 

The internet has been raving about this scrub for a while now. I got the wishful scrub sampler for free with another order and decided to give it a to. My, my, I am pleasantly surprised by the performance of this product. I could feel an instant difference in my skin after using it. I suggest adding it to your skincare regimen if you haven't till date. 


That's it for my empties for the month of March, 2021. Let me know in comments below if you have used any of the products mentioned in my post and how was your experience? Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe