Project Empties: August 2021

12:28 PM


Empties August 2021
Empties - August 2021

In the month of August, I managed to finish below mentioned products. 

1. Jolen Face wax strips

I have always been a hairy person, to the extent of being a gorilla. The situation has improved considerably, thanks to the laser sessions Iv taken and the home laser device. My growth and thickness of hair has reduced considerably. I recall a time when wax strips were a joke for me coz they failed to work on my thick body, black body hair. I would only manage to use them on my moustache. I still use these on my moustache and few other places and they work great.  

2. Essence you better work fixing spray 

This has been a money wasting, dud product. You might as well be spraying water on your face given this product's performance. For starters, the spritz is a dud. You will get a streak of spray or droplets in the first pump. It takes 2 to 3 pumps to get a reasonable spray. Secondly, it doesn't fix makeup. It simply doesn't do anything apart from wetting your face and then vanishing altogether. 

3. Mana Sweet Orange & Rosemary shampoo 

This is my third bottle I have finished. Complete review of this product can be read by clicking here

4. Avoir Skin Moisturizing Lotion 

This product is a close substitute of Physiogel. I have used this liberally on my body during my pregnancy and the best thing about it is, its fragrance free, moisturizing and quick absorbing lotion. Its a locally manufactured product but quality wise, its great. 

5. Loreal Paris excellence hair conditioner 

I finished another tube of this hair conditioner in July as well. This is by far the best hair conditioner I have come across for dyed and bleached hair. 

6. The Body Shop almond hand cream 

This hand cream in a metallic tube came in a pack of three. I have to use hand cream on frequent basis due to drying nature of hand towels in office toilets. This was a good hand cream. 

7. The Body Shop hand cream in Shea 

This is the latest packaging of the hand cream. It comes in a plastic tube opposed to the older metallic one. Interesting thing is, it contains same amount of product despite being smaller and sleeker. There is a stark difference in terms of size yet the product quantity remains the same. This is literally beyond me. 

8. The Body Shop tea tree oil 

Tea tree oil is a holy grail product for me. It helps with my itchy scalp, my here and there sort of zits and also functions as a mosquito repellent. Tea tree oil by Body Shop is the first one I ever purchased due to rave reviews. It indeed is an excellent product in terms of performance. 

9. Elmore Glycerin Cream 

This product has been reviewed here on my blog. You can read the detailed review by clicking on the link. 

10. Strivectin intensive concentrate for wrinkles & stretch marks 

This deluxe sized cream came in a subscription box as a set of 2 products. This one is the night cream while the other one is for reducing under eye wrinkles. This was the first time I came to know of this brand and I liked the results of this cream. 

11. The Ordinary alpha arbutin 2% + HA

As much as the Ordinary products are raved, every product is not for everyone. Similarly, this alpha arbutin serum wasn't for me. Apart from moisturizing twice a day, I did not notice any visible difference on my skin by its usage. 

12. Glow Recipe Water melon glow jelly sheet mask 

I get what the whole hype is about Glow recipe products. Indeed they are love. I have finished their moisturizer this year, using the water melon night mask currently and used this jelly sheet mask. Indeed, the products by this brand are great. 

13. Julep Boost your radiance rose hip seed facial oil 

This is a deluxe sized oil bottle which I purchased long time back when rosehip seed oil was gaining popularity. I prefer using serums and oils at night as the skin rests and repairs itself in the dark and this gives the products complete opportunity to work on the skin. I personally found rosehip seed oil to be effective on my skin as it repairs my skin and makes it appear neat and hydrated. 

Here is the detail of places, I purchased these products from. 

Al fatah store: 

Jolen facial wax strips 
Mana beauty sweet orange and rosemary shampoo 
Essence you better work makeup fixer 

Julep boost your radiance rosehip seed oil was purchased online from Brands Hub by Sarah 
Glow Recipe water melon jelly sheet mask came in a limited edition skincare boxycharm box 
The Ordinary alpha arbutin 2% bottle was purchased online via Cozmetica.pk 
Strivectin intensive concentrate for wrinkles & stretch marks came in Luscious subscription box 
Elmore glycerine cream was a PR product 

The Body Shop 

Tea tree oil by The Body Shop was purchased from their outlet and so was the hand cream in Shea 
Almond hand cream was purchased from Raja Sahib 

Loreal Paris excellence hair conditioner came in the hair dye pack which was a PR product 
Avoir Skin moisturizing lotion was also a PR. 

Thats a round up for the products I used in the month of August. Would love to hear back from you if you have tried any of these products or currently using them. 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe