|Empties|: September 2022

2:32 PM

Charm natural, skin deep international, OAD Bear hair
Empties for September 2022
 
September turned out to be a month that made me proud to see my progress in deflating my stash of products. I am elated to see that I finished 14 products in the month. Here are the details for the products: 

1. Keratin Protein Brazilian Hair mask 

These big jars of keratin brazilian hair masks have been around for a while and I love using them. It suits my hair well and leaves my hair soft, smooth and fragrant. The jar costs between Rs. 1000 to 1250 and lasts a good while. 

2. Skin Deep International Deodorant in charcoal 

So this product deserves a review separately which is underway and hopefully I shall be sharing soon. The product is nice in terms of sustainable packaging. It also performs well as an anti perspirant however its a little difficult to use due to its packaging as the cardboard requires force to push up the product and it doesn't come down so you have to hand press the deo to put the lid atop. Secondly, since its in charcoal the product leaves a grey residue in the pits which leaves a very unclean, unsettling feeling and then to see the product crease in the pits is another off putting sight. 

3. Bionike proxera psomed 40 

Its a product for psoriasis and I have reviewed the product here

4. Selsun Blue Shampoo 

Most effective and economical product in the market to counter perpetual dandruff. My go to shampoo to manage my dandruff prone scalp. 

5. 4u2 cosmetics you're mine lipstick in #05 - my one and only 

This has been my most used and go to lipstick which is why it has ended as well. Detailed review of the lipstick is here


6. Charm Natural bio-epitome advanced anti-aging moisturizer 

The right kind of moisturizer for me is the one that has a mild jelly like consistency. Isn't solid but isn't runny either. It has plumping and bouncy texture and is full of collagen and is quick to absorb. The two moisturizers that meet the criteria are glow recipe moisturizer and Charm Natural's bio-epitome moisturizer. This came as a PR but turned out to be loved product. A complete separate review of the product is due but safe to say its an amazing product and I shall any day purchase this over Glow Recipe. 

7. OAD Bear Hair Gummies

I don't recall if I have posted about these gummies or not but these are cheap substitute to Bear Hair gummies. Since its a nutraceutical product its regulated by DRAP and is not a counterfeit or replica. Its manufactured in China and supplied to Pakistan, India, Singapore and other countries/companies. They are exactly same as Bear Hair but at a fraction of price. Does the low price mean less efficacy? No, this is not how multivitamins work. They are the actual deal. 

8. Garnier skin active micellar cleansing water 

This is a cult favorite product of mine for removing makeup. Easy on the pocket and gets the job done on lazy days. Again, I never had to buy it out of my pocket, all my Garnier micellar water bottles have been received in PR. 

9. Baby wipes 

I need to get this off my chest. I am aware of the destruction I am causing to the environment by using wipes since they don't decompose for a long time. However my petty excuse to justify is the convenience they come with. Its a quick easy fix to situations where water isn't readily available and all I need is a wipe to get the work done. These wipes are excessively in my use for the baby but I'd like to shift to something similar that decomposes quickly and easily. 

10. The Barcode soap in lavender 

This has to be the most fragrant soap I have used to date. In packing, it makes my cupboard smell good and once opened and placed in the toilet, it keeps the toilet fragrant. The soap is not value for money since a single bar costs Rs. 600 and it being a handmade soap, free of chemicals, burns down fast but the aroma surely is value for money. 

11. Maybelline x Gigi Hadid gel eye liner 

Just finished this pencil based gel eye liner. It was really good, easy to sharpen, quite pigmented and did not smudge. 

12. Maybelline Hyper easy liquid eye liner 

Another maybelline eye liner but a liquid pen one. I feel it went dry/finished a little too quick. The pigmentation was fine and the fact it was a matte liquid based eye liner gives it brownie points since I incline towards matte eye liners. Was it value for money? Yes! 

13./14. Nose pore strips 

I am conflicted between the opinions of nose pore strips being bad or okay for your skin. But I am a frequent user of nose pore strips. My initial one did not come off from the strip, it got wet so I had to use the other one. 


I have said this before and will repeat that I am quite proud of my achievement for this year. I have been able to finish products that otherwise would be lying in my vanity or storage and also I am trying new products sent to me as PR or for testing purposes. This "Empties" series has really helped me declutter and curbed my impulse buying. 

Hope you liked the post. If you did, drop in your comments. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!! 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe