|WTF|: Shopping experience from Pop Stripes

4:11 PM

Over the years I have mellowed and don't really share much about my bad shopping experiences. However it seems there is an even more need to be wary and cautious while shopping online as there are even bigger fraudsters and scammers with every passing day. I attribute most bad experiences to the lack of professionalism and business ethics in most cases. My today's post is an experience I have recently had with a clothing store where I ordered some winter clothing for my toddler. 

I ordered below 3 sweatshirts for 12 - 18 months kid for Winters. When the order arrived, to my surprise, all shirts were of different sizes. Only 1 of the shirts fit him best. Rest 2 were so small that one seemed like for a kid of 3 - 6 months old and the other one for 6-9 months old. My baby is slim and not a chubby kid, even the 1-2 years or 12 - 18 months sized shirt seemed like one for 9 - 12 months old size. That was the only one that fit him well. 

Popstripes shopping experience
Boys spongebob lfties sweatshirt

Spongebob lfties sweat shirt

Here are the links to 2 of the shirts - Mr. Krabs Lft sweat shirt and Spongebob Lft sweat shirt

Here is a small video of my initial experience. 



I contacted them on Instagram page and shared my problem. They provided me with 2 options for my issue; one to get a refund and two to get the items exchanged. Over the messages their tone and words were as if its entirely my fault that I received ill fitted shirts and they are doing a big favor to me by offering exchange especially for me. Below are the screenshots of their messages. I am just appalled at their dealing and the way they came off to me. They have a clear exchange policy. There was no need to flex it as a favor on the customer when it was their own fault. Somebody in their warehouse is doing a shoddy job of quality assurance and somehow its my fault? To top it off the shipping charges alone costed me Rs. 750 for tiny pieces of shirts. 



You really have to be ignorant to send a message as "shirts are of different brands therefore each brand has its own sizing". Had you taken a good look at the order, you would have known before writing down such a silly thing that all 3 shirts were of the same brand. Also if each brand has different sizing then how come there is a standard size chart on your website for all ages? 

My case was a one off case as the tags were off. Funnily two of the shirts came without tags and there was no exchange or refund form within the package. 




Finally I received the detailed exchange form and filled it out and sent them back along with two of the ill fitted shirts. They took their time ensuring the shirts are unused and sent me the desired item. Here is the link to the dress I re-ordered. 

Now in all of this. I paid shipping charges for returning back the items and then the item I received in exchange, even though the size issue was not my fault. In total, the shipping charges I paid for my order amount to Rs. 750, insanely high and utterly stupid. They have clearly mentioned it on the return form that no matter what happens, no matter how incompetent and unprofessional of a business they are, shipping charges shall be borne by the buyer. The thing is, putting a disclaimer doesn't make a business professional, its the conduct and practice and professionalism that makes a business good. 

My post is meant to bring awareness to customers and prospective customers of Popstripes that if you order from them and something untoward happens, it's going to be YOUR fault and YOUR responsibility, not theirs. 

Verdict: 

I am satisfied with the quality of products but extremely unsatisfied with their business policy and their customer service and their quality checks. I shall never be ordering from them again and neither I recommend my readers to be ordering from them. 

Disclaimer: 

Before I receive any nasty comments telling me that they happily exchanged so I should have kept it shut. I am proudly informing you, I am not one of those. This should not have happened in the first place. Secondly, I shouldn't have been at the bearing end of shipping costs for sending and exchange. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe