|Review|: PHB Natural Lipstick in Petal

11:16 PM

Hi Beauties!

I hope you all are excited to read my review on PHB natural makeup. I have already done an intro post to the brand on the blog which can be read here. The brand is exclusively available online with Halal-Certified Cosmetics Pakistan.

PHB natural lipstick in Petal
Here is what PHB claims about its lipsticks:

"PHB Lipsticks accentuate lips with natural looking colour and a gentle sheen which softens features and gives a natural glow to your complexion. 100% Natural, Vegan and cruelty free. With Organic & Fair Trade Shea Butter and Jojoba oil to moisturise and protect lips whilst gently enhancing with a burst of 100% natural colour."

Key Benefits:
  • Free from nano particles, parabens, bismuth oxychloride, talc, formaldehyde, mineral oils, fillers, gluten, fragrance, preservatives & Gm ingredients
  • 66% organic ingredients
  • Long lasting
  • Moisturize and protect lips
  • Gentle sheen which gives skin a natural glow
  • Free from carmine & petrochemicals
  • Build-able color - sheer or intense
  • 100% natural - great for sensitive skin
  • Vegan, cruelty free & Halal 
Packaging:

PHB natural lipstick comes in a white cardboard box. I very much liked the packaging. The white is very appealing and fresh to they eyes. Also, it gives a classy finish to the product. The lipstick itself comes in a sliver colored container, with PHB logo engraved on the lop of the lid. I dont find the lipstick container attractive at all.

PHB natural lipstick in Petal

PHB natural lipstick in Petal

PHB natural lipstick in Petal
PHB natural lipstick in Petal

Texture:

The texture of the lipstick is smooth. Its neither matte nor its too glossy or moisturizing. It glides onto the lips with slight effort but pigmentation wise its pretty good. Due to the presence of jojoba oil and shea butter, it does not let the lips dry.

PHB natural lipstick in Petal

PHB natural lipstick in Petal

My Experience:

As more and more research and awareness is pouring in, I am also getting more conscious about what goes on and in to my skin. The concept of Halal makeup is relatively new yet gaining quite some hype. What made me really excited to try out this lipstick was the thought that its free from all things harmful and chemical ingredients which will not darken my lips. Initially when I received the lipstick and swatched it on my hand, I was not very taken with the color or finish. I am either into matte lipsticks or moisturizing glossy ones. This one had a pearly finish, which I absolutely avoid at all costs. I was not very hopeful, yet when I tried on the shade, much to my surprise, it looked great on my skin tone. 

Petal is a lovely dusky pink shade with undertones of lilac and browns. At least this is how it appears to be on my lips. The finish is moisturizing and pearl like, which means, it has a shiny silver like finish to it. Personally I do not prefer pearl finish as it enhances the sliver in any shade and gives a tacky finish as if a silver film has been glazed over. But this is not the case with PHB lipsticks. Petal is a shade which truly compliments desi skin tones and gives a very balanced look to the face. I wear it to office as well as when going out for shopping as its a nice balanced shade which isn't too bright nor a neutral. 

The stay on power of the lipstick is surprisingly good. It stays on the lips for good 4 to 5 hours and fades slowly but hints of it can be observed on the lips even after 8 hours which is very impressive considering its only made out of natural ingredients.

PHB natural lipstick in Petal - swatches

Rating:

              5/5

Grade:

              A+

Price:

           £ 14.50 or Rs. 2350 which is pretty reasonable considering the exchange rate of Pound Sterling. 

One of the questionable things people have in mind about PHB is the steep price. Please keep in mind the products are vegan with organic ingredients, cruelty free and parabens and preservatives free and supporting fair trade, just like The Body Shop. So by consuming PHB products you are keeping the environment safe and also giving something back to the people who made an effort to manufacture the ingredients and final product. Also 15% of the profit goes into charity. 

Availability: 

You can order online directly from PHB website here or its available in Pakistan at competitive rates at Halal-Certified Cosmetics

Recommendation:

I most definitely recommend opting for PHB products as they are very skin friendly and free of harmful chemicals. 

Hope you liked my post. Drop in your comments to share your feedback with me. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!



You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Such a gorgeous and wearable shades. Love the fact they are purely HALAL and free from all kinds of harmful chemicals

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is such a pretty shade and sounds great. You did lovely swatches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Color look nice on your lips
    Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. what apretty shade and It suits you so well Shinnaya ! Too bad I am not into frost colors , but still the concept behind PHB is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  5. The color looks too frosty for my taste but it really suits you ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  6. I too wasn't a fan of pearl finish lipsticks but I think it is something that grows on you and can be particularly flattering if the correct complement color of your skin tone is used :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do think frost finish is wearable with the right look and this seems like a good option for desis :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. The is pretty, its a bit expensive but natural ingredients is definitely a big plus.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe