My Reading List of 2020

3:54 PM

 

My reading list of 2020

I took on the challenge to read 14 books in 2020 but managed to read 8 only. Although 2020 was the greatest opportunity to read as much as one may want to, given the lock down and confinement in home. However I just couldn't get into the reading mind frame. I literally had to force myself to read. So here are the books I finished in year 2020. 

1. Fixed On You by Laurelin Paige 

It was an e-book which is why you dont see it pictured above. When I started reading it, I realized, I had started it once before sometime back, but never got around to actually reading it and, I also understood the why. Its an adult romance book written by some sort of whattpad writer I suppose, but its not an up to the mark book in terms of writing style. The writing style is quite amateur and story is short and basic. I couldn't get myself reading anymore parts of the book so I left it at this book. 

2. Jinnistan by Ayesha Muzaffar 

This is one book I had been waiting for since end of 2019. The publishing got delayed due to lock down but when it hit the shelves, I made sure to buy it right away. I had pre-ordered it online. This book is a desi compilation of the horror stories we grow up telling each other of supernatural entities - jinns, churrails and such. It was a fun read, very refreshing. I look forward to read more of Ayesha's work. I am hoping her to become the R.L. Stine of Pakistan. There were two to three stories that gave me chills and still haunt me when they come to my mind. I recommend everyone to read this book. I have reviewed the book here

3. One of us is Next by Karen McManus 

I started off with first book in the series - One of us is lying (reviewed here). It was quite a hyped book and an interesting read ending with a cliffhanger. I obviously had to get the second installment as well. Its a continuation of the first book - high school thriller of sorts. Another mystery engulfs Bayview High School that involves school teens. The book revolves around solving the mystery. It was a good book but not as interesting as the first one and I struggled a bit with this one. My review of the book can be read here.

4. Eleanor Oliphant is completely fine by Gail Honeyman

It has to be my favorite read of the year. Its a very popular book and rightly so. Its a beautifully written book shedding light on human nature, its selfishness and conduct with other fellow humans. The book is named after the main character - Eleanor Oliphant and revolves around her life. She thinks she is completely fine, her life is fine, a common lie all of us tell ourselves time and again, maybe on daily basis or frequently. The book talks about the power of human relationships, the need to bond with others and the turn around right person can make in our life. Its a beautiful book and I recommend it highly. You can read my complete review of the book here

5. Aching Soul by Alina Zahid Khan

Its the first book I ever read on poetry and that too, English poetry. Its a very simple and interesting read and also Alina's debut book. Some of the stanzas are beautifully written and I could relate to them. If you are into poetry then you may give this book a read. 

6. Twisted Hearts by Corra Reilly 

This was also an online read and an adult romance book but with a proper story line. I have always had the inclination towards mafia books and Camorra series is one such book. If you love yourself some Judith Mcnaught with bad boys, then this book is a good read. 

7. Talking to the dead by Harry Bingham 

I bought my first Fiona Griffiths book from Big bad wolf sale and couldn't find other parts. Thankfully to Readings, I got my hands on 2 more parts, one of them being - Talking to the dead, which happens to be the first book of the series. The series is crime based and about a copper with issues of her own. Her issues are what makes her a great cop. Its an interesting read if you are into crime and thriller books. You may read my review of the book by clicking on this link

8. After You by Jojo Moyes

Another beautiful book. After you is about dealing with grief of losing a beloved. The story revolves around Louisa attempting to find the bearings of her life after passing away of a beloved. The book is a journey of dealing with different phases of grief and finally being able to move on with life and standing up as a new person. Its another good read and reviewed in detail here

So there are a few books I read in year 2020. If you read any of these books, let me know, lets share notes. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe