|WTF|: Clairol Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo in Ignite my Color

5:40 PM

 

Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo
Herbal Essences Dry Shampoo in ignite my color

If you are a regular reader of my blog, you'd know that Dry Shampoos are my lifeline particularly in Winter season. Shampooing every other day does not suit my eczema prone scalp and excessive shampooing with warm water causes flakey, itchy scalp. Hence Dry shampoos are a life saver to boost my hair and rid myself of the greasy, oily look. I bought Herbal Essences dry shampoo last year, impressed by the cheap price tag. Here is my take on this dry shampoo. 

Claims: 

A refreshed look and lightweight clean for your coloured hair, even on days you don’t wash- impossible? Herbal Essences Ignite My Colour get you down! Its Herbal formula contains luscious rose and natural tapioca that refreshes your hair in-between shampoos. Wash less and love your colour more! No need for water or rinsing, just shake well before spraying and working into your roots. Brush hair for even distribution and style as desired.

Herbal Essence dry shampoo in ignite my color

Usage Instructions: 

Step 1: SHAKE
Step 2: SPRAY
Step 3: RUB IN
Step 4: BRUSH 

Shake vigorously before use and in between sprays. Part and lift sections of dry hair, spray at scalp. Massage thoroughly with finger tips. Style as usual. 

Ingredients: 

Alcohol Denat, Butane, Propane, Isobutane, Tapioca Starch, Aqua, Silica, Parfum, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Limonene, Hexyl Cinnamal, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Citronellol

Packaging: 

The dry shampoo comes in a pretty pink metallic spray bottle with a flimsy spray nozzle and 180 ml quantity. The nozzle is covered by a transparent pop lid. The bottle is sleek in width and tall. 

Herbal Essences dry shampoo in ignite my color

My Experience: 

I saw this shampoo displayed at Al-fatah and what attracted me to it was its pretty pink bottle and the price tag. Since I was also on the look out for a dry shampoo, it seemed to be the perfect choice at that time. But gosh! do I regret making this purchase or what. It has to be the worst dry shampoo I have ever come across. Apart from the pretty pink packaging, there is nothing nice about this product. The texture of this product is transparent thin spray, like that of an average hair spray. It doesn't do anything at all for the hair. My hair remain greasy and oily and look the same as before. Its acts like a mental tap for yourself that yeah, you have a dry shampoo on your hair. Practically the results are dud. Given the rose fragrance, mixed with unwashed hair, I would prefer to keep my hair unwashed rather than spraying this on my hair. 

The "First day clean feel" it so proudly mentions on the bottle is no where visible. Another reason to buy this dry shampoo was that its particularly designed for colored (dyed) hair. Protecting hair color is a secondary choice here, it should serve its primary purpose first which is to get rid of grease and oil from scalp. Unfortunately this dry shampoo is a failure at all accounts and such a product coming from herbal Essences, is a shocker. I do not recommend buying this product at all. 

Rating: 

1/5 

Price: 

I dont remember the actual price however it was between Rs. 350 to Rs. 450, Approx $3.5 

Availability: 

I have seen this stocked at Al-fatah stores. 

Verdict: 

Please do not waste your money on this product. 

Hope you liked the honest review. Drop in your comments to share your feedback in case you subjected yourself to this product. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe