|Empties|: January 2024 : A Journey Through Beauty Essentials

6:50 PM

As January bids farewell, it's time to reflect on the products that accompanied me through the month, each leaving its unique mark on my beauty regimen. From hair care to skincare, here's a glimpse into my recent empties.

Charlotte Tilbury, One Skin, Eazicolor, Keratonz, Magic cream, Essence cosmetics
January 2024 Empties

1. Keratonz hair color in Plum 

I used this brand's hair color I guess about 2 years back. The color did not turn out to be vibrant but I don't blame the hair color. My hair were not dyed to level 8 or 9 which made it hard for the actual color to show up. My favorite hair color brand has been Framesi's bold hair color range which was very economical back in the day. The ammonia free dye used to be for Rs. 625 only. This Keratonz hair color was for Rs. 950 back then too when I purchased it for the first time. Sadly, Framesi's bold range isn't available at the kiosks anymore which is why I opted for Keratonz this time. This ammonia free hair dye is for Rs. 2350 now. Yes, its damage free hair color. It turned out quite well on my hair but since I am pregnant, none of the hair colors are staying on my hair for long. They are fading away after single wash only. 

2. Eazicolor cream activator in Vol 20 

In my December's empty post, I shared Eazicolor hair dye. This is the cream activator which I used along with the hair dye to cover my roots. Since I only used half the tube so you won't get to see the hair dye in my post. I am actually liking Eazicolor's hair dye range. I haven't experienced any adverse effects of this hair dye so far. 

3. One Skin pigment corrector 

Its so sad to see that some products are underhyped despite being actually good products that deliver results. Take One Skin's example in this case. This pigment corrector actually removed 3 spots which were visible on my right cheek area for over a year now. After the baby, my skin underwent a lot of changes and kept acting up from time to time. No thanks to its tantrums, I was left with couple of blemishes on my face. This pigment corrector serum actually helped in erasing them. 

4. Charlotte's Magic cream 

It amazes me at times how the most dud products get so overhyped. Charlotte Tilbury's magic cream is one such product. It reminds me of Pond's cream we used back in our childhood, the one that used to come with a green cap. This cream is nothing different from that older version of Pond's cream in terms of fragrance, texture, application and absorption. The internet is full of rave reviews about this product and every time I used to apply it before makeup as skin prep, it used to irk me how I could have saved so much money had I opted for Pond's cream instead of this one (only if I had known before). 

5. Spa Ceylon Ayurveda energise invigorating body cleanser

My introduction to the brand happened when I went to its launch event that took place at Alfatah store more than 2 years ago. I feel that a lot of brands have surpassed The Body Shop or even Bath and Body Works in terms of performance and fragrance. Spa Ceylon has exposed me to a different world of fragrances. Their products have scents very different from the regular ones we encounter in our body lotions or shower gels. These are strong, lasting and tantalizing. This shower gel or body cleanser (whatever you want to call it) was an amazing experience in its own way. 

6. Loccitane body lotion 

A convenient travel companion, this lotion offered practicality but failed to leave a lasting impression beyond its portability.

7. Fudic Cream  

I get serious itching after shaving my body. Its serious to an extent that I bleed at times due to itching so I make sure to use a product that has Fusidic acid in it to calm my aggravated skin. 

8. Derma Smooth F/S Oil 

Its a steroid based solution that I have to use frequently for my seborrheic dermatitis issue. It helps me manage the flaky and itchy scalp. I can not miss using it for long intervals as its non-usage triggers my eczema.   

9. Hair Energy Whole Blends hair food 

I have never seen a brand to market products as dud as Hair Energy and yet being able to get away with it. I have tried 3 to 4 products from this company and all of them turned out to be a waste of money. This hair oil is no different. If I remember correctly, this hair oil was their first and foremost product they launched a couple of years back. It was marketed so well that it was the talk of the town back then. I bought it back then and have used it on and off but I did not notice any effect after using this product. 

10. Essence villains Evil Queen Hand cream

In my heart I never grew up from a teenager or an early 20's something who got over her love for Essence trend editions. I just want to buy all the pretty items from trend editions. I got this hand cream just because I was on the look out for one as I use it a lot at work. The toilet papers really make the hand dry after wiping them so a moisturizer is a must. This cream had a very mild fragrance, was non-greasy but not very moisturizing. 

11. Dermaderm Laboratories Keratin anti hair loss shampoo 

This shampoo was a pure stroke of luck. I purchased it from Alfatah store on a whim. It actually helped with my dandruff and scalp itch issues. Slightly on the higher side of the buck but totally worth it. Also, unlike other specialized shampoos, it lathers well so you don't really need a lot of product to get that lather. 

12. Purederm Deep cleansing nose pore strips 

My most trusted brand when it comes to getting rid of those pesky black heads and white heads. I make sure to use at least 1 strip once a month. 

Each product, with its nuances and quirks, contributed to my daily ritual, reminding me of the ever-evolving journey towards self-care and beauty. As February unfolds, I eagerly anticipate new discoveries and cherished favorites to accompany me on this ongoing adventure. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe