Embracing Change: A week of transition and renewal

12:05 PM

Last week was quite eventful for me. The days at my new workplace felt long and dull, and it was taking a toll on my mental health. Unfortunately, even after clarifying things with my boss, it seems my role won't be changing anytime soon.

Hand bag, Guess bag, Guess tote
Guess bag 

On Saturday, I had to work, but I made the most of it by dedicating some time to a Digital Marketing Course by Google. The workload wasn't much, leaving me with time to focus on self-improvement. 

Sunday was spent grocery shopping with my mom, Wali, and Sohail. Wali got himself a Spiderman balloon, and we grabbed a bite at McDonald's. The stress from work has been affecting my spending habits lately, as I've been trying to cope with the monotony. 

Bedtime has been stressful lately due to work worries. However, things took a positive turn when I received a job offer on Monday, and by Tuesday, everything was finalized. I made the decision to resign immediately, without serving the notice period, which is a first for me in my 13 years of work. The toxic environment wasn't worth another minute of my time. 

I took Thursday and Friday to relax and clear my mind. Shopping helped me release some of the built-up stress. I'm excited about my new job and hopeful for a better work environment. Wish me luck as I start this new chapter! 

Floor lamp

A couple of things I purchased as part of retail therapy include: 

1. Guess tote bag in red. I bought it from a thrift page but it was brand new and packed and costed me Rs. 15,000. 

2. Bought another Kate Spade bag in thrift for Rs. 3500 which was a great value for money since the bag was relatively in a fine condition. 

3. Ordered a couple of cosmetics from Ayna cosmetics. 

4. Bought the serum foundation by BBA by Suleman 

5. Bought a lamp for the lounge. I was unable to find the perfect fit for my lounge so made do with the one that fit somewhat and also the price point was nice. 

6. Changed the rugs for the stools I have in my lounge. They were priced so reasonably. I got 3 small rug mats for Rs. 2200. 

7. Bought 4 wall hangings for the house.

8. Bought 3 bedsheet sets. 

9. Bought 3 bathroom chappals for Sohail, Wali and the maid.

10. Lastly, bought a couple of table mats for dining table and center table. 

All this retail therapy just coz my mind was not in the right place due to work environment, even though nothing was urgent. I am hoping for things to change at this new place I am joining. Wish me luck!!! 

  

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe