|Project Empties|: May 2022

6:53 PM

 Here is what I emptied in the month of May. 

Empties: May 2022

1. Schwarzkopf got 2 b glued blasting freeze spray 

This hair spray has been a life changer. If you want an extreme hold, something that can hold long spikes in men's hair, this spray can do it for you. My husband has been the better user of this hair spray. I also used it from time to time especially when I styled my hair, its been amazing. 

2. St. Ives radiant skin Pink lemon and Mandarin orange scrub 

There has been so much controversy and negative reviews about St. Ives scrubs and they are shunned by a vast majority. However, I am still a user of scrubs. They are my quick fixes for exfoliation. I not only use them on my face but my hands and feet too. I bought this one with high hopes as the packaging was quite attractive to me. Sadly, the lid did not function well and it dried up within the tube due to air exposure. I hardly used it twice or thrice and now I have to throw away the whole thing. 

3. Hollywood Style foot soak 

All the foot soaks I have used to date, have turned out be average. Most of them do not lather well. Take this Hollywood style foot soak for example. It feels like blobs of gel dropping in the tub and they make no lather. Rather one has to put in an effort to break the gel and mix in water and it still doesn't lather. So not buying it ever!

4. The magic stain remover 

This tiny spray came in my period kit by Tanzila Khan. Im not sure but it contains product like vanish or astonish stain remover which can be used as a quick fix if your garments are soiled by a period stain. I never got around to using it for the said purpose. However I used it to fix my Michael Kores bag which is now stained all over as I washed it in water. 

5. Vipera Cosmetics blender 

I have to throw away this blender as it has become mould-y. It makes me sad to see beauty brands coming up with beauty blenders but without any drying or storing mechanism. Take example of this blender. It comes in a plastic transparent cover which doesn't fit in that box when its wet. One has to leave the blender exposed for it to dry out and keeping it on surfaces makes it prone to catch dust and germs and also develop mould. 

6. StriVectin intensive eye concentrate for wrinkles 

I got this product in my glam box. I did not take this product seriously until I saw its reviews and also the price point. This is a deluxe sized product however, it lasted me really long. I used to apply a tiny drop of the product as it was heavily concentrated, and spread it under the eyes. It helped with my under eye bags but one has to be regular in using it. 

7. Dior travel sized perfume 

I took this from my khala on the day of my wedding. I forgot to bring along perfume with me on my wedding day and realized that I need to use perfume. So I requested my cousin to get a travel size one from my khala since she always carries a few in her purse. This was being tossed here and there in my handbags time to time and served well in my hour of need. 

8. Butter London stroke wow roll on eye liner 

This has got to be the most stupid product I have ever used. The liner was not pigmented at all and to top it off, the stupid wheel like roller design was a torture to use. The roller was super thin making it really sharp and painful for the eye lid. I won't be stating far from truth when I say it was borderline unsafe to use given how sharp it was. The roller picked no product and one had to constantly dip it in the container for the roller to pick some product. The eyeliner consistency was too thin. 

9. Diana of London 2000 kisses wonderful lipstick in Red nature

This happens to be amongst my first red liquid lipstick that I ever owned. Then when I finished this one, I purchased another one. I can safely say that I know of 5 people around me who absolutely love this liquid cream lipstick in the very same red color. It is the best red for desi skin tones which happens to adjust itself on its own and suits all desi skin tones. This product is so so underhyped that its actually sad. 

10. Maybelline colossal kajal 

This kajal pencil needs no introduction. It was a revolutionary product when it was launched. I reviewed it years back when it was launched. You can read my review here. Safe to say that I have turned back to the basics. I find this product fool proof. It doesn't smudge or budge. 

11. Makeup Revolution contour brush 

I remember when Kim Kardashian launched her contour kit, the world went crazy. I was among those people too who wanted to get her hands on that kit but the price was too high for me. Thanks to brands like Makeup Revolution that came up with dupe of that product. I am now throwing away this brush as it did not work for me and the sponge side has become mould-y. I find the brush side to be too dense for contour blending and the sponge side does nothing but absorbs the product. I don't know how Kim's contour kit is but the makeup revolution's contour brush sucks big time. 

12. Lush dark angels face and body cleanser 

I do not have high opinions of this product. It has a short shelf life and I find it lumpy and difficult to use. 

13. m.greengrass hand and body butter in summer in nice 

This came in my boxycharm box. I never got around to using it. I was saving it for later to use when my other products finished but it expired when I finally came around to putting it to use. The formula went bad and lost its consistency. I had no choice other than to throw it away. I am sad to see my money going to waste but.... 

14. Spa Ceylon Energise invigorating body milk 

I got this whole deluxe seized set as a PR at Spa Ceylon launch event. It was my first time getting to try this brand. And wow, its an entirely different world. The fragrances are unknown to me. I haven't come across these fragrances before. It took me time to develop a liking towards them as they are quite strong and different from what I am used to but nonetheless the products are wonderful. This milky lotion was great to use. 

I am ecstatic to report that I got around to using 12 products in this month while 2 are being wasted since they turned bad. I am liking my progress in this month. If you have tried any of the products shown in my post, share your experience with me as I love hearing back from you. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe