A Look back at the goals of 2021

3:08 PM

Before setting up goals for the new year or making any resolutions, lets look back at the year 2021 and see what I achieved of my previous goals. Last year, I had set up some goals for myself for the first time. Was I successful in achieving them? Read more to find out... 

1. Be more consistent with blogging

Image courtesy: searchenginejournal.com

Despite the busy routine, I managed to blog and tried doing more than 4 posts in a month. Some months I was successful and some months, I wasn't. However I worked quite a lot on my Instagram account and it looks populated and better than before. If I've to sum up whether I achieved this goal of mine or not? The answer is a No. 

2. Losing weight 

Image courtesy: iamarsalan.com


Oh gosh, I am literally laughing while typing this. You see when we say there is a higher power at work, it definitely is. Forget about losing weight, my year became about putting on weight. I found out in March that I was pregnant. You can imagine how that went. Since I delivered in November, I lost 10 kgs straight away. I look trimmer than I was before getting pregnant. This is something everyone has said to me and I feel it as well. I have lost muscle mass and can easily fit into trousers that were a tight fit around my thigh area. The sad part is, my structure has broaden post delivery. Now I fit into size 10 instead of 8 despite losing muscle mass. In short, I'd say I am successful in losing weight but dont know how to work on the wide structure. 

3. Financial Acumen 

Image courtesy: istock.com


I must thank my husband for this one. He really helped me in developing my saving habit. So we started a committee in December 2020 which ended in December 2021. Im proud to say I was finally in a state to set up my whole portion by buying appliances and required furniture with that money and also lend some. At the moment, I am again drained of all my savings but I have already started 2 committees beginning January, so safe to say, I am set on my target and really did well for this goal. 

4. Be more organized 

Image Courtesy: Neil Patel


Nope, couldn't manage this one at all. I have all these organizers lying around but using any of them consistently is probably not my thing. Failed this one, big time. 

5. Use Phone less 

Image Courtesy: Pandasecurity.com 


Nope. Failed this one too. Infact I have developed the habit of mindlessly scrolling. Recently I am all about thrift shopping and I feel, I have opened up a new pandora's box by stumbling upon this mode of shopping. Failed this one too! 

6. Read more 

Failed this one too! I coudn't meet my yearly target of the books I had set and fell behind. Every time, the year starts off at such a nice pace and then I lose my speed. Same happened in year 2020 as well. 


Out of the 6 goals I had set for myself, I managed to achieve 2 only. I don't feel good about myself at this point. However, I feel good about trying to establish goals and then working in a set direction, making efforts to least work on these goals. I shall do another post about year 2022 goals and incorporate some of these into the new ones as well. 

How was your year 2020? Let me know in the comments section. Stay healthy and beautiful. xoxo!!! 


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Subscribe